From Mind's Eye Society Wiki
"She was truthful when lying was the common speech of men;
She was honest when honesty was become a lost virtue;
... She was full of pity when a merciless cruelty was the rule;
She was steadfast when stability was unknown, and honorable in an age which had forgotten what honor was;
She was a rock of convictions in a time when men believed in nothing and scoffed at all things;
She was unfailingly true in an age that was false to the core; ...
She was of a dauntless courage when hope and courage had perished in the hearts of her nation..."
- Mark Twain, Joan of Arc
Name: Adeline Bellamy
Camarilla Position: Former Archon to Justicar Pieterzoon. Executed for heresy in January 2015.
Clan Faction: Fellowship of Lords
Notable Traits: Humanity 4
Physical Description: After her appointment as Archon, Bellamy abandoned the look of an unassuming, conservative Caucasian woman. Now, regal and striking , she is most frequently seen in a white leather jacket, a white blouse, black pleather pants, black boots, and flashy gold jewelry.
Summary: Archon Bellamy, a French gentlewoman by birth, was released as an adult in the Camarilla in Tunis in 1907, and has resided in the United States since 1920. A teacher in colonial Morocco in life, Bellamy's love of learning continues in death. She is happiest when she can work with her scholarly peers, researching Kindred history and mythology and the origins of her own Clan. Something of an amateur historian, Bellamy made it her work as Prince of a wartime domain to learn about her enemies. Now, she holds a vested interest in the affairs of Clan Ventrue, both at home in the nation's capital and abroad. In her spare time, Bellamy enjoys outdoor hobbies such as equitation and gardening, and frequently invites acquaintances to tea.
"My will is mine... I shall not make it soft for you."
— Agamemnon, Aeschylus
"Beati Qui Durant - Blessed are those who endure."
— House Oviedo family motto
- The Riverside Dinner Theater: Owned and secured by the Ventrue herself, the Riverside's upper level has been used as a gathering place for Kindred when the Court does not wish to gather on Elysium.
- Bellamy's Manor House: During her time as Prince, she frequently hosted gatherings at her public haven. The ultimate estate property, this custom built colonial manor features absolute attention to every detail. It has four finished levels with front and back brick porches, a security gate, circular driveway, pool with pool house, expansive vegetable and flower gardens, an eat-in gourmet kitchen, hardwood floors, a library, and a study. On the west end of the 48-acre property, Bellamy operates a state-of-the-art equine facility.
"You may not control all the events that happen to you,
but you can decide not to be reduced by them."
— Maya Angelou
- "She bears a noble heart. I hope it is not hardened by her crown." - Orenna Komnenos
- "An iron spine is hidden behind her quiet demeanor. She is Ventrue to the core. Underestimate her at your peril." - Kristian Vasa
- "She's a real class act and her love of art only adds to it." - Spencer
- "In 2010 she was of assistance to me with a diplomatic situation in Phoenix. Her skill was able to make an awkward situation for my Grand-childe less so. For this she does her family well." - Laszlo Bako
- "Her situation in Fredricksburg is unenviable. If she is able to weather this storm it will surely prove her worth. I will watch this one with anticipation." - Adrienne Maxwell
- "I have seen the foolish ones who desire to wrong Adeline. They end up losing much more then what they feel like they can gain. What is behind that calm and eloquent figure? Rows of thorns that will sting you if you touch the wrong spot." - Virgil Maxwell
- "Adeline?... An enduring young lady. Her goals are long reaching and her vision just as far. I believe she has the heart to get her there." - Atlas
- "Prince Bellamy has grown much over the years, and is the very example of what a Camarilla Prince should be. I am lucky to have been a part of her education in some small part, though she has certainly forged her own future through blood and tears, as we all should." - Maxwell Jacobs
- " 'Helpe then, O holy Virgin chiefe of nine,
Thy weaker Nouice to performe thy will,
Lay forth out of thine euerlasting scryne
The antique rolles, which there lye hidden still,
Of Faerie knights and fairest Tanaquill,
Whom that most noble Briton Prince so long
Sought through the world, and suffered so much ill,
That I must rue his vndeserued wrong:
O helpe thou my weake wit, and sharpen my dull tong.' " - Walter Jones, a.k.a. Walter the Grey
- "Very formal, and exceedingly focused. But we met under less-than-ideal conditions for extemporaneous dialogue." - Eileen
- "I once heard this ditty: 'Adeline, Adeline, won't you be my Valentine!' Anyway, I may not have known her long, but I know her like some others don't. Some Ventrue, they never unwind. They're worse than an empty suit; they're a suit stuffed with more suits. Suits all the way down. Adeline? She's got real soul. She gardens and cans zucchini, and she thinks about lil' baby horsies, and she wants pen pals. Gal like that, you can take to a horse race and have a ball, even if she does whine a bit about how stuffy it is in the stands." - Occam
- "Virtue; the succor gifted to the weak to insure subservience to the powerful. Be wary of a ruler that speaks of justice, chastity, and prudence for they are canny enough to understand how best to sway the hearts and minds of their people." - An observation by Phillip Avery Redgrave
- "A brave and beautiful soul. For her light to dim under the weight of the burden fate has thrust upon her, would be a tragedy most lamentable." - Franziskus Winter
- "A lovely woman. We spoke at length, and I found her to be quite enjoyable and insightful company. I think I'll have to make a trip to visit Fredericksburg soon." - Amalia Iliescu
- "She has been a worthy opponent on the political battlefield of Fredericksburg, but both of our souls weigh with the choices we have had to make." - Calvin Hastings
- "I enjoy her company but find her puzzling. She has some great skills yet denies herself the use of them." - Tanis
- "Ms. Bellamy's poise and beauty are easy to see, but it's her skill that truly shows her to be a Kindred of quality and worth. I am quite glad to know her and work with her on most any occasion." - David Daniel Steiner
- "We had a lovely conversation, and, well, perhaps I was a tad smitten." - Master Harpy Forbes, Domain of Waterloo
- "Wield the power I bequeath you judiciously. Be compassionate and humane, until it is time to do otherwise. When you must do otherwise, strike with such overwhelming force and brutality that no one will ever again consider testing the will of the Camarilla in a fashion that will bring our wrath." - Justicar Pieterzoon
- "Whether it be formal business or polite gatherings, I have certainly enjoyed Adeline's company thus far. Discussing family with her has been both inspiring and a bit troubling. I would say that she will go far, but she already has..." - Elder Lilliana Grace, Prince of Charleston SC
- "Archon Bellamy is one of the few Kindred I would admit to genuinely appreciating. She appreciates her strengths, augments her weaknesses and learns to play the game quickly." - Kilroy
- "With pleasure." - Evelyn Atwood, upon learning of Archon Bellamy's desire to converse more deeply
- "Even now, there is a struggle to determine what Adeline saw in me. But she is not yet done with me, and with each pass through the flames she only makes me stronger. " - Cate Pershing
- "There are few who dare to seek beyond what is visibly within their reach. Bellamy grasps for things that are greater than her, which concerns me for her safety; but I do not doubt eventually, they will be within her reach. " - Blù
- "I have spent more time hearing of her than speaking to her. If she is as capable as she is disliked and as clever as she is discounted by her Elders, she will be a great asset to her Justicar... If." - Elisheva Hellgate
- "She's a bit of a badass. I suppose I should behave now if she's around." - Brigid Hughes-Loxley
- "Regarding Archon Bellamy, I commend unto you the lesson inherent in Kipling's 'If—'." - Alicia Vangelista
- "Archon Bellamy has shown me things about Kindred society and the nature of Kindred themselves that I have never seen before. I won't soon forget our meetings, or the lessons she has imparted to me." - Anastasia Martin
- "Adeline a good field commander can always see the board, and how every stone changes the board. And a good soldier is never caught with her hands in her pockets." - Goodman Goring
- "Your quote here." - Your Name Here
"Climb, climb, climb to the top of the world
And as you stand tall, you will see
— From "The Fall" by The Protomen
That when you fall, you will fall from a height most men will never reach."
Name: Maria Cambone
Member Number: US2010015290
Domain: Washington, D.C.
I am always happy to develop new character ties, especially with new members in the org, so feel free to contact me at your leisure. Please note that I am not open to developing romantic ties with this PC, nor am I interested in ties wherein my PC needs to be rescued by yours. Thank you - I can't wait to hear from you!
This page was made all sorts of pretty by The Red Queen.