|City:||Twin Cities, MN|
|Player:||GL ARST Masq CAI|
|Storyteller:||GL ARST Masq CAI|
Sire: Walter Lorente
Residence: Twin Cities
Acknowledged as a member of the Camarilla
Prominent, Noble and Guardian as Harpy of the Twin Cities
Confirmed as an Ancilla of the Camarilla
Courteous by Monique Preusen, Prince of the Twin Cities
Information Known by Kindred Society
The information below is reasonably available to characters of the Masquerade Camarilla/Anarch/Independents continuity. Some subsections are marked as available knowledge only for certain groups of characters, and thus would not be known by every character.
Known by Kindred Society At Large
Tiernay is a natural fit for the position of harpy. She has a scathing wit that she lets fly at every opportunity. She is also a talented artist, specializing in charcoal caricature portraits. Indeed, many people are flattered when she chooses to draw their caricatures, although some egos have been hurt along the way.
Walter Lorente first discovered Tiernay at a circus in 1882 outside of Minneapolis. He saw her doing caricatures, and was immediately impressed with her skill. He funded her studies, which eventually led to her embrace in 1903.
She has served as harpy of Minneapolis, and then Twin Cities, since 1910.
Known by the Harpies
She tends to let her loyalty to her lineage get in the way of her work as Harpy when there is a conflict.
Known by the Clan Toreador
Her brand of physical art, that of the caricature, is interesting, but hardly tested by time. On the other hand, her mastery of the art of wit is awesome to behold in the pursuit of her duties.
Sire: Walter Lorente
Note: Those looking for a lineage for their PC or NPC may speak with the GL ARST Cam/Anarch/Indep about lineage ties.
Quotes by Adrianna Tiernay:
- “While I can see how the Rabble may not know the difference between a weapon and an artistic tool, the freshest blooming Rose could tell you that this is an instrument for carving clay, not faces. Furthermore, it is not the Kindred’s responsibility to be taught the changing rules for Elysium; it is the Keeper’s responsibility to ensure that they are taught. A month ago, I brought this same knife to this same place, to perform the same task, and nothing was said. If this tool is now a weapon, and if weapons are now banned, then I am indeed uneducated, but the fault does not lie on me. It lies on faulty educators, such as the lazy keeper, who has made no mention of such a change to me, nor even greeted me here tonight. A decent harpy would be mocking the Keeper, who ought to be enforcing his own rules. A decent harpy would certainly not be doing the Keeper’s job for him, educating those who risk violating Elysium through ignorance.” - to the former Brujah Harpy Thomas Lance, just before he frenzied on Elysium and she got his job
Quotes about Adrianna Tiernay:
- "She calls herself Ancilla, but she bears all the social grace of a bumbling neonate. If people weren't so fooled by that perfect smile and air of confidence, maybe they could see her as she truly is." -Ole Engebretsen
- "Among a clan of seers, the young Tiernay is one of few perceptive enough to see what's directly in front of her." -Vladimir Penzl
- Lorente spared no expense in her education. He arranged for her to study under Thomas Nast himself!
- Adrianna earned the support of the Primogen council as harpy, when her predecessor called a scandal on her. With a smile and all the dignity she could find, she began listing off all the ways in which the master harpy was incompetent at his position. The Primogen were so impressed, that they found themselves supporting Adrianna before the end of the night.
- Ole Engebretsen is jealous of Tiernay's cunning wit.
This character is an NPC run by to the GL ARST Masq CAI. All OOC questions about this NPC and IC correspondence directed to the NPC should be directed to the GL ARST Masq CAI.