From Mind's Eye Society Wiki
|Storyteller:||Houston VTM VST|
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." ― Oscar Wilde
Name: Alex Shelly
Accepted (N/A) -
Social Class (N/A) -
Position (N/A) -
- 17th Century: The name Alex Shelly first appears in North America as European monarchies establish their colonies along with the Camarilla and Sabbat in tow. Though obviously of European descent, his ability to speak many languages, local and foreign, makes it difficult to establish his country of origin. As colonies evolved into cities, Alex moved along the various frontiers, never living for long in any one place.
- 18th Century: Assists North American colonial interests against the English. He is known to take particular delight foiling the plans of the Redcoats, or "Angles" as he derisively calls them. Member of the Sabbat hunting party under Clarence Charles Merrick's leadership. He was also known to have assisted Equinox, the Gangrel Primogen of Boston.
- 19th Century: As England builds up another invasion in the War of 1812, Alex has himself smuggled to Europe. Word around the campfires is he was a true-believer of the colonial's rhetoric about freedom and liberty, but was then disillusioned when the Constitution allowed the continued enslavement of other humans. Arriving in Europe between the Wars of The Sixth and Seventh Coalitions, Alex was able to exploit the chaos and move unnoticed all the way to Asia. He is next seen in India during the British Raj. Unlike the last century, Alex seems to have lost interest in interfering with the English. After disappearing here, other stories appear all over the Pacific coast of Asia of a westerner who speaks with everyone in their own native tongue.
- 20th Century: Alex's whereabouts during this time are unknown, with one possible exception. A man matching his description is seen in the jungles of Kampuchea in the 1970s during the reign of horror that was the Khmer Rouge. A tale began to spread of a monster who turned his back on his own kind and hunted them. He was convinced the inner circle of the regime were under control of a supernatural, but failed to find anything. He disappeared again in 1979.
- 21st Century: With no announcement or fanfare, Alex appeared at the Court of Houston on March 8th, 2014. With Equinox's backing, he took the position of Primogen that very night.
- On August 15th, 2015, for reasons unknown, Alex Shelly informed Kevin, the Lesser Harpy of Houston, that he was returning all Camarilla Status and would live the rest of his existence as an Autark.
- "Alex is one of those rare individuals who I connected with immediately. It didn't matter what clan he was, I just knew I had to be involved in whatever he was doing. Wherever Alex is, whatever he is doing, know that I am near. You would do well to remember that." -- Marus
- "Useful. Competent. Sort of dreamy in the moonlight? Yes, I know Alex Shelly." -- - Nenette
- "No one can grip a waggling tongue the way he can. So now that he's surfaced, I guess I should go find my scalpel." - June
- "When the night is silent, consider the owl's blink as the cause." - Equinox
- "The first time I locked eyes with him I had been sleeping for some time. That relaxed, thoughtful gaze brought me some distance back from the shores of Fury, and it still does. He will always be my friend." - Mazhar
- "Do you want to see hilarious cat pictures?" - ZeroFluxGiven
- "The gentleman appears reasonable. That is worth something to us." - Costanza Rodriguez
- "I would like to think that one's past is a closed book, only accessible by the one who holds it. Alex, however, holds the fascinatingly annoying ability to rip that book open, shake out the pages, then point directly at the one point of your past that you wished to remain hidden." Aramas
- Add your own!
- He has known The Makers and their Sire for a very long time. Having learned from the greatest architects of the Underdark, he is one of the few non-Nosferatu who can safely navigate their warrens.
- He was once in love with an infernalist.
- He once held Praxis, long before the Camarilla & Sabbat existed.
- His hatred of the English was born when they conquered his homeland.
- He once had a coterie with a Nosferatu named Kalaban and a Tremere named Jack. Together, they hunted infernalists.
- A Ravnos elder once invited Alex to observe a Kris, but when Alex's identity was accidentally revealed, they both had to flee the Kumpania.
- In the Dark Ages, he adopted a fledgling Gangrel with the blood potency of a Methuselah and taught her how to survive as a vampire, lest her uncontrolled powers draw the attention of the Inquisition.
- Mad Max
- Snake Plissken
- John Constantine
- Spike Spiegel