|Storyteller:||Houston VTM VST|
Name: Alexis Levasseur
Sire: Napoleon Lopez
Status: Acknowledged, Established, Revered
Title or Position: Primogen
Known to Kindred Society
Kindred society knows the story a little differently. Alexis was embraced in 1776 into Clan Brujah. He held a quiet presence in New Orleans from that point, mostly serving his sire and clan's needs by funding their endeavors from his significant purse. After the fire in 1788, Alexis slipped closer to the beast and by 1805 he left New Orleans behind him.
Rumor placed him in several different places after this, but by 1816 it was clear that Alexis had joined with the Pirate Jean Lafitte and established himself once more on Galveston while Lafitte held the island as his own. Though he seemed to disappear for a couple decades in the early part of the 1800's after Lafitte was driven from the island, Alexis resurfaced by the mid 1840's and remained a part of Galveston's Kindred population until the hurricane of 1900 devastated the island.
After the hurricane, Alexis surfaced in Houston, where he spent the next century establishing his base of power in the city. With the many changes the 20th century brought, Alexis was inspired for much of the century as he embraced technological miracles, social upheavals and an ever faster paced march of progress in a world so unlike the old. But with many defeats, the first of which began with the Anarch expulsion at the conclave of 1949, the passionate fire began to smolder in Alexis. By the 1980's Alexis became little more than a trouble making loud mouth, content to shake his fist and rattle the fence as the worst caricature of Brujah rebellion in an age of punk rock, biker gangs, and street crime. Few were surprised, and few still saddened, when Alexis drifted into obscure isolation by the end of the 1990's.
The first half of the new Millennium found Alexis isolated, insignificant, and jaded. He mostly stuck to his mortal interests, and wasted the nights away feeding his base impulses and desires, content to be left alone by Kindred society. In 2005 the city of New Orleans was devastated by hurricane Katrina, and for reasons unknown to most, this caused Alexis to wake up from his slothful self-imposed isolation. Since 2005, Alexis has been more involved in Kindred society, driven by an unknown agenda that spurs him into ruthless action regularly. Whatever lit the fire in him in 2005 seems to have done more than fan a spark, rather it has ignited a bon fire. One thing is certain, Kindred that have watched him since have to admit one thing, it is stupidity to underestimate the Brujah. Whatever game he is playing, it is fueled with the passion of his clan and he has no problem consuming those in his way.
Who is Alexis?
Alexis is not your typical Brujah. In fact, some say he lives more like a depraved Toreador than any Brujah they've met. From his posh upper Kirby penthouse to his expensive cars, designer clothes, and tendency to surround himself with the rich and beautiful wherever he goes, Alexis in the modern night seems to break the stereotypical mold. But once you break past the veneer, the heart of a Brujah is apparent and the status quo seems upheld once more. Alexis revels in what he is, and he tends to encourage others to do the same. While he acknowledges and adheres to Camarilla society and law, he doesn't miss an opportunity to shake it up where he can. The difference is, unlike the baseball bat wielding gang bangers popular in his clan, Alexis pushes the envelope in an uncomfortable way, twisting the law and traditions to reflect themselves in a light most Camarilla Kindred would rather ignore. He loves an opportunity to pick at hypocrisy, to needle at the wound of a kindred caught in their own web of scheming, or to dig up the ugly face of the slowly cracking monolith that is the Ivory Tower. Let the young scream and rage about oppression Alexis says, he'll just turn the system on itself until they realize change is inevitable lest the Camarilla crumble under it's own grip.
Grand Sire: Alabama Ben
* Sire: Napoleon Lopez
*** Childe: Owen Miles
- Alexis' recent return to action was the result of diablerie and he is no longer himself, but rather the puppet skin of an elder.
- Alexis is an Anarch
Quotes About Alexis
- "I am familiar, and quite fond, I add, of his entire lineage, from his Sire down to his descendants. Yet....we've never actually met, and considering his reputation, this is a crime that must be corrected. Il Tempo ci dirà." - Prince Orelio Taipetra of Baton Rouge
- "A correction at long last has been made. I can now count the entirety of this family known to me. And in many ways, Revered Alexis was saved as the best for last. When next this familia de Brujah gathers, beyond the rest of their Clan, I would be overjoyed to play host....and cover the expenses, and the insurance claims (whatever that is)." - Prince Orelio Taipetra of Baton Rouge
- "I have actually grown quite fond of Alexis.... And do you think your opinion of him matters very much to me?" Overheard when someone asked Orelia Taipetra about Alexis
- "Tough to do much better for a party in Houston than Club Wicked. Hit me up for party favors, I'll make sure Alexis gets his cut." Jack Rey
- "I spent an evening at Alexis' club...it took a bit to get used to, but I must say I truly enjoyed myself. Perhaps this is a telling precursor to my future relationship with the man himself." - Walter Rook
- "Entirely too passionate. I fear the day his fire burns out and whom will fall in wake of that event." - The Broken
- Feel Free To Add Quotes
Open to ties, particularly historical ties to flesh out the background further. Enemies, Allies, Childer, etc. feel free to contact me.
Damon Salvatore from Vampire Diaries
Eric Northman from True Blood
Player: Jerimiah DuBois
MES Number: US2007019313
Location: Houston, TX