"There is no such thing as a good influence. Because to influence a person is to give him one's own soul. He does not think his natural thoughts, or burn with his natural passions. His virtues are not real to him. His sins, if there are such things as sins, are borrowed. He becomes an echo of some one else's music, an actor of a part that has not been written for him. The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly -- that is what each of us is here for." ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray and Other Stories
Information Known by Kindred Society
Name: Alexis Weiss
Clan: Followers of Set
Sect: Independent Alliance
City: Walla Walla, WA
Office & Titles:
- Setite Representative, Eastern WA
Coteries & Societies
The Circle of Ismeret
Daughter, Lover, Courtesan, Scholar, Hedonist, Guru, Unabashed Libertine...the Setite known as Alexis Weiss has been these things & many more. Born & embraced amidst the glitter & strife of 1500's France, Alexis excelled at the intricate dances of courtly intrigue. Well travelled, she has cultivated ties and connections in nearly every city she has visited. Sometimes dismissed as nothing more than pretty bauble, she makes no apologies for who she is or how others see her. Those who look below the surface find the keen wit & iron resolve that have served her well through the tumultuous centuries.
Allies, Enemies, & Associates
Quotes & Rumors
- "I understand that Setites are considered dangerous; they also happen to have excellent scholars among their ranks. Alexis is one such. Now maybe this is the way they "get to you", but I think I'm prepared to take that risk for the sake of knowledge. Someone has to." – Eileen Vargas
- "Do her red lips enchant you? The curve of her body screams of sin. Her alluring eyes, and her thick lashes. Falling under her spell, you’ll be her toy. Temptation, I call her. Know it well." - Johnny Rocket
- "You know the Collector from Guardians of the Galaxy? Yah, I totally believe that's her." – Jeska Deltish
- "No paltry words can describe this creature. She is enigma, allure, and long forgotten secrets wrapped in finery. An unlucky few will ever understand where her power lies, and even less would know what to do with that knowledge." – Serratus
- - You
- Was once part of Villon's court.
- Knows everyone there is to know, and even a few you shouldn't.
- Was at the signing of the Independent Alliance.
- Discussed "philosphy" with Casanova and the Marquis de Sade.
- Got rumors? Add 'em!
- “Men do not change; they unmask themselves.” ~ Anne Louise Germaine de Staël
- “Curiosity is the lust of the mind.” ~ Thomas Hobbes
- “In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice.” ~ Marquis de Sade
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.” ~ Alice Walker
- “I don't want an uneventful and safe life, I prefer an adventurous one.” ~ Isabel Allende
- “N’être pas écouté, ce n’est pas une raison pour se taire. (Not being heard is no reason for silence.)” ~ Les Misérables (1862), Book VIII Chapter I, Victor Hugo
- “I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.” ~ Mae West
- “Charming people live up to the very edge of their charm, and behave as outrageously as the world lets them.” ~ Logan Pearsall Smith
- “Passion is universal humanity. Without it religion, history, romance and art would be useless.” ~ Honore de Balzac
- “Ce n’est rien de mourir; c’est affreux de ne pas vivre. (It is nothing to die. It is horrible not to live.)” ~ Les Misérables (1862), Book IX Chapter V, Victor Hugo
- “You do not reach the sublime by degrees; the distance between it and the merely beautiful is infinite.” ~ Anne Louise Germaine de Staël, Corinne (1807)
- “Between two evils, I generally like to pick the one I never tried before.” ~ Mae West, Klondike Annie (1936)
- “Social order at the expense of liberty is hardly a bargain.” ~ Marquis de Sade
- "A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool." ~ Edward Robert Bulwer-Lytton
- "Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust." ~ John Webster
(Some possibly NSFW)
Player Name: Joy Bragg-Staudt
MES Number: US2002021560
Location: Tri Cities, WA