|Player:||GL ARST Masq CAI|
|Storyteller:||GL ARST Masq CAI|
Sire: Greg Forester
Acknowledged as a member of the Camarilla by Duke Robert DuBois of Kalamazoo
Established as an Ancilla of the Camarilla
Vigilant by the word of Duke Robert DuBois of Kalamazoo
Feared as Sheriff of Kalamazoo
Notable Traits: ruddy skin, blue eyes, long hair; favors flannel and blue jeans since the Grunge era, but only wears his best and newest to court; crass sense of humor, but no-nonsense about security and the laws of the duchy and imperium
Information Known by Kindred Society
The information below is reasonably available to characters of the Masquerade Camarilla/Anarch/Independents continuity. Some subsections are marked as available knowledge only for certain groups of characters, and thus would not be known by every character.
Known by Kindred Society At Large
Benson's sire Forester never came to be known by the urban centers of Camarilla culture beyond a mere acknowledgement of the Camarilla's power. As a result, Benson is something of a self-made man. He knows the terrain of Michigan well, and he knows enough to avoid the Lupines in the North. After years of visiting Kalamazoo as a way station to share news of events in parts far and away, Benson was asked by Duke Robert DuBois to remain in Kalamazoo as the enforcer of his laws in 1986. He stayed, and he was named Sheriff of the duchy in 1991.
Known by the Harpies
Anselm Benson is a rare sort of Gangrel who knows how to mind his manners in court and shows proper respect to the authorities of the Camarilla cities he lives in or visits. He even seems to appreciate the finer aspects of nature, much like Henry David Thoreau and his own near-namesake Ansel Adams. He does too little in court to raise the ire of any Harpies who know him.
Known by the Clan Gangrel
If Benson were old enough, he probably would have been one of those Gangrels in the Kingdom of the Black Cross who worked closely with with the Ventrue of Central Europe's cities. Instead, in these modern nights, he works for a Malkavian regime in what remains a true wilderness in the eyes of most Kindred. Who could blame him for staying close to the cities with tales of so many Lupines about in the northern reaches of the Lakes-Mississippi Heartland?
Sire: Greg Forester
Note: Those looking for a lineage for their PC or NPC may speak with the GL ARST Cam/Anarch/Indep about lineage ties.
Quotes by Anselm Benson:
- "We Gangrels don't need to claim praxis in the cities; we're already princes of everything else in between."
Quotes about Anselm Benson:
- "Never have I seen orange and black plaid flannel look so proper as when worn by Benson to court. I have no idea how he pulls it off, but he does." -- Marion "the Trenchant", Harpy of Kalamazoo
- Anselm Benson has settled in Kalamazoo not out of a sense of duty, but a sense of self-preservation. You see, Kalamazoo is where cowards go to retire in comfort.
- He's really a muscle automaton controlled by the powerful mind of Duke Robert DuBois as his puppet.
- Benson knows what really happened in Mt. Pleasant between Mircea De Luna and the Lupines...
This character is an NPC run by the GL ARST Masq CAI. All OOC questions about this NPC and IC correspondence directed to the NPC should be directed to the GL ARST Masq CAI.