"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams
- Subject Name: Arden
- Subject Clan: Malkavian
- Known Aliases: None known.
- Known Factions: Thought Police (Clan Faction), The Paricii (Lineage)
- Known Location: San Francisco, California
- Position: Harpy of San Francisco
- General Description:
Status, Positions, Standing
- *Prominent as Harpy of San Francisco
- *Noble as Harpy of San Francisco
- *Guardian as Harpy of San Francisco
- Confirmed as an Elder of the Camarilla
- Established as an Elder of the Camarilla
- Privileged as an Elder of the Camarilla
(* indicates typical active abiding status)
"The pound of flesh, which I demand of him, Is dearly bought; 'tis mine and I will have it." - Shylock
Allies & Relationships
"The life of a man who deliberately runs through his fortune often becomes a business speculation; his friends, his pleasures, patrons, and acquaintances are his capital." - Honore de Balzac
(Please feel free to add quotes about Arden by clicking the "edit" link on the right :)
- "The position of Harpy is an extremely important one, and Arden executes his responsibilities more effectively than nearly any harpy I've ever met. That said, he could be so much more if he was more ambitious." - Mors
- "Arden walks in two worlds. The first world being a descendant of the Trimeggian -- and the responsibility our heritage carries with it. The second world, as the one who has watched at the windows longing to stretch his wings. He has found his way in The Tower with a particular style that makes new the oldest of instincts." - Chandra de Soissones
- "I always look forward to hearing Arden's perspective. Given any situation, he seems to always have insight that I had not taken into account. This could be his razor sharp wit and honed skills of observation or it could be that he thinks darker then I do." - Alister MacArthur
- "When adjustment tracks the increase does the opinion depreciated the gray flame?" - "Charlie"
- "I've seen the man at work and all I can say is that I'm glad we're on the same side." - Zachariah White
- "I have not ever had the need to send him to the corner, and doubt I ever will. I am not even sure I could." - Carl Jones
- "Arden and I seem to be cut from the same clay; but crafted differently. He often times is the other side of me. The darkness to my light. While I have compassion, he has conviction. When I am impulsive, he has control. When I am fluid like water, he is unyielding like stone. We complement each other well and have a parallel understanding of each other. That is what worries me." - Helena Martell
- "He is the watcher on the wall. The eye in your mind. He is the omnipresence of the Camarilla. I find it a comfort." - Viktor Cantemir
- "Something endears him to me. I wonder how mad someone would suggest I was to alter physics at my fingertips." - Elena Hellenbach
- "Arden has proven to be a pleasure to converse with. He also gives excellent advice, seems to care deeply for his Clan." - Charlotte Mikaelson
- "Lemme ask you. You ever seen an Elder get crushed by a dump truck full of granite? No? Well, wait 'til Arden catches one of his own fucking up. Oh, he's a pit bull, alright. Tell ya, one of these nights, though, he's gonna lay into someone with both barrels, and it'll turn out he's in the wrong. Can he crawl out of holes as well as he puts people into 'em? That's the ten-thousand-dollar question." - Occam
- "I'm so happy that this one and I are playing on the same team. He could easily "read" Ru Paul for points, with his sharp, precisely chosen wit." - Eddie Monsoon
- "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence." - California Jack Thorne
- "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact. The question becomes, what Arden hides, and hides so well." - Constance Fournier
- "Graceful, swift, cunning, and all with a toothy smile. Doused in the ocean, we would call him a shark. How comfortable are you in the water?" - Orenna
- "I like you." - Dieci
- "Lord, Arden? Yeah, I remember him. I did spend a lot of time in San Francisco, if you recall. Interesting man, if too cunning by half. You never quite know what he's really up to, but you can see the wheels turning in that skull of his." - Amalia Iliescu
- "I have learned two very important things. First, you want to be this man's friend; Second, you don't wanna be his target. Choose wisely because the last option is to stay out of the way." ~Lilly Belle Stafford
- "I find his harshness to the disloyal, the disrespectful, and the disgraceful a welcome inclination. I very much approve of his black and white approach to the Tower and its traditions. - Violette de Leoncourt
- "Just because something isn't a lie doesn't mean that it isn't deceptive. The distinction between what is true and what is false is blurred by the manipulation of facts, the exploitation of uncritical minds, and the pollution of language - but for one who speaks only portions of the truth in order to deceive, the punishment is far more severe. Not only are they not believed - they are rendered incapable of believing anyone else." - Aleistor Rukh
- "He is quite a dear gentleman and truly seems to have impeccable manners. What he does with them .... well I'm sure he does exactly as he should, or at least behaves publicly as such. That is truly the marking of a gentleman of our sect. " - Elizabeth Ann Astor
- "It is eternally refreshing to find others with an interest in literature and the written word. It was a pleasure to talk about the nature of poetry with Arden." - Eileen Vargas
- "I find him to be a fine example of a strong Harpy, acting as the social conscious of the Ivory Tower and counterbalance to those that would seek to over reach." - Laszlo Bako
- "Baby, he makes a girl turn into a real bearcat––ta get an edge, smoke a few gaspers, and maybe even say yes to a manacle. Oh, and he's real nice too." - June
- "Bold or brash? Influential or meddling? Insightful or impudent? This one walks a fine line, though he seems to have the balance for it." - Adrienne Maxwell
- "Every time I see one of his writings, I get this uncontrollable urge to fetch some popcorn. I hope that never, ever changes." - Scarlett Thorne
- "He seems to understand the whispers that come forth in the cracks beneath the facade of those he encounters. And I, for one, am not bold enough to test the stability of his fault lines." - Danielle Ropchan
- "I have yet to meet the man. And yet, I watch his verbal dance from afar. See how he spins and moves through barbs that tear? That is art." - Chloe Pavlis
- "You wouldn't know it just to look at him, but the gentleman needs a hat." - Reynard Argent
- "Oh Arden. I do so enjoy playing his games..." - Calico
- "He is formidable. Even if you don't agree with him, there is no denying that he is a worthy and most diligent opponent. He embodies the tactical nature of the essential Harpy- he walks into each new battle armed with his research- is there anything he cannot unearth? Agree or disagree, he is one of the few with his eye on the nature of decorum in our sect as a subject, and should we not all be so observant?" - Ligeia Loxley
- "That name always confuses me for someone else...however, when you watch him in person I cant help think he would do well with a reality show following his every move and conversation...to be a fly on those walls, you know?" - Roxie_Ocho
- "Arden knows everything. Someone sneezed in Colorado? Diablerie in San Antonio? He's on that like white on bread. The fact that he's our domain's harpy makes us that much more awesome." - Soleil Savant
- "Arden, He is useful in his social and mental graces. It is a shame that he finds himself so wrapped in his work as harpy that reports seem to be overlooked." - David Heath
- "He seems to have a mastery of navigating our society, I've seen him hob nob with the most important people in San Juan and without missing a beat take time out to be polite to me." - Lydia Brooks
- "There are many who would call themselves "harpy". There are few who have the skill and grace to do it with such aplomb, and not back down even in the face of great pressure. Arden is such a one." - Margareta Sasul
- "When I think of Arden, I think of a perfectly chosen Harpy. Calm, careful and incredibly deadly if you mess with him. I have a large amount of respect for him and I have yet to meet a single person who doesn't respect him." - Leonardo "Leon" Finch
- "On more than one occasion I have asked myself, 'How would Arden handle this?' Then I snap out of it and realize that I can't throw around enough weight to handle it like Arden would...yet." - Master Harpy Forbes, Domain of Austin
- "The best piece of advice I can give in regards to to Arden is to give him nothing, but assume that he already has everything."-Nicholas Loring
- "Political savvy combined with a genuine concern for our society--what every harpy should aspire to be."-Zahra Blanc
- "Arden and I have come to an agreement." -Clara Azure
- "Of course I respect him. Arden is a taut-stretched sheet holding back a bottomless well of horror. I occasionally wonder how others who look at him can't see it, and then I recall that I have more practice than most at seeing what walks behind the Camarilla. Seeing under Arden's mask is much the same way... at least a short distance. God help me if I ever decide to look any deeper." -Benedict
- "Dammit. Things changed. Proximity does that, I suppose. Then again, I can't object to how things changed. No, not at all." - Scarlett Thorne, 2015
- "Arden commands respect without saying it words. He has a brilliant mind, and has quiet regal qualities." - Angelique DuMont, 2015
- "The man is impressive, to say the least. I have much respect for the position of Harpy, though I don't currently seek it. He holds people to proper standards." - Lex Reyes
- "I'm not sure how I feel about him, just yet. He's been very kind to me, because we are family, or something.. but saying he cares would be a stretch. I am grateful to him, definitely." - Melody "Mells" Nichols
- "There are some creatures that are precisely what they are, no more, no less, and I have the highest respect for them. Arden is precisely what he is; he neither hides it nor does he see the need to flaunt it. He cleverly bends in the breeze of public opinion, swaying but not breaking, making one think that he is something that he is not; but that is a lie. In the evenings, he stretches those long, elegant fingers and tests the world around him, a spider in her web, finding the flaws and imperfections to repair them, to take advantage of them where he can. In the mornings before he rests, he gathers the pieces of his fundamental self once more, again becoming that which he was when he woke the dusk before. Do not for a moment think that Arden is anything other than what he is: a predator of the highest order." - Izar San Martin
- "Have you ever fallen for that which you once despised? Oh, of course I'm stupid enough to be in love with Arden, how can I, when I'm obviously smitten with you?"-Jayne Joyce
(Please feel free to add quotes about Arden by clicking the "edit" link on the right :)
- Arden holds a tremendous amount of prestation, and is continuing to hoard it to some unknown end.
- Arden seems to revel in the flaws of others, to an almost obscene degree.
- Arden is the reason why some people call it "the ART of torture"
- He has mastered the art of being unseen to an unrivaled level. Ghosts do not see him coming, he has been standing behind you the whole time you read this.
- Was at one time known as the "party god".
- Arden is in fact a Sabbat infiltrator.
- Sabbat infiltrator? I won't even touch that one. I'll tell you this, though. The guy's only pretending to have anything human left.
- Arden invented a device called The Scavenger's Daughter under an assumed name.
- Arden loves to bake in his free time. He's actually knows how to make the perfect soufflé!
- Ribbons and lace and bows. That's what he sent Harpy June upon her appointment as social arbiter of Los Angeles.
- He acts as though there is some semblance of humanity left in him. What he doesn't realize is, he is a terrible actor.
- He only chooses women for his talons.
Player: Janus Pastor
Note: I have shamelessly stolen this template from Stacey M; Thank you Stacey!
I am looking for ties in the following areas:
- Enemies of all types.
- Allies, generally speaking, only the effective need apply.
- Vicomte de Valmont
- Marcus Hamilton
- Francis J. Underwood
- Aka Manah