Back Creek Goblin Market
From Mind's Eye Society Wiki
- Near the Port Annapolis Marina in Edgewood Rd changelings can find a small motor boat owned by Bob the Ent. By paying him one glamour, Bob can take you sailing inland and into the Hedge Market of Back Creek.
- The Hedge market looks like a marina with merchant stalls on top of boats of all kinds and sizes connected together by bridges made of flotsam. The whole area is illuminated by a seemingly endless swarm of glow bugs that appear to fly over the marina from east to west. Some of the merchants trap the bugs in glass jars and place them inside their stores if they need more inside lighting. The market floats about 80 feet from a thorn laden hedge shore. Bob the Ent seems to be the only way in and out of the market.
- Bob the Ent only seems to be hanging out in the marina on full moon nights.
- Upcoming Markets:
- Jan 5, 2015
- Feb 3, 2015
- Mar 5, 20015
- Apr 4, 2015
- May 4, 2015
- Jun 2, 2015
- Jul 2, 2015
- Jul 31, 2015
- Aug 14, 2015
- Sep 13, 2015
- Oct 13, 2015
- Nov 11, 2015
- Dec 11, 2015
Goblin Market Law:
- No Violence.
- Goblin merchants won’t be intimidated, and they won’t tolerate people trying to injure their customers. Bad for business.
- You Get What’s Advertised.
- If a merchant tells you that a tenpenny nail has the power to kill someone when it’s driven into its victim’s shadow, it has that power.
- It may have other side effects, mind, and the method of death may be something unexpected and inconvenient — but you get what’s advertised.
- Note, though, that there is no law requiring a merchant to advertise all the properties or catches to his wares, and there never will be.
- Honor Your Deals.
- This cuts both ways. A merchant must provide the wares, and the customer must provide payment.
- Defaulting on a deal is more than just bad form (and a potential Clarity hit) — it riles up the Market, potentially against the whole freehold and certainly against the defaulter.
- No Refunds.
- If you regret trading away something, you’d better find something the merchant really wants in order to buy it back — at an inflated rate, most likely. That’s a brand-new deal.
- No portals.
- The market owners don’t like anyone trying to open portals from their market and into the real world. Any such attempts will be penalized with banishment from the market.
- Absolutely No Smoking.
- For unknown reasons the merchants of Back Creek are very sensitive about smokers and fire in general.
- Anyone seen brandishing any kind of fire or smoldering item (Lit candles, cigarettes, or even having a lighter) is immediately called out and the market guards come to take him away. They will use force if necessary.
Market Stalls and Merchants
- Fabian - specializes in Hedgespun Clothing
- Ward - specializes in Tokens, Gewgaws, and Trifles
- Ivo - specializes in Fae Mounts & Hedgebeast Companions
- Myra - specializes in Goblin Contracts
- Goldie - specializes in sharp things
- Lilith - specializes in Pledges
- David Krieger specializes in bottled Abstractions, Nightmares, and Prophecies. His Market Stall is called Abstractions and Nightmares.
Things Overheard at the Market:
- 'Come buy our orchard fruits, Sweet to tongue and sound to eye, Come buy, come buy.'