Badger is a stocky dude, about 6 feet tall. He seems compactly muscular, but there is a layer of chub over that from way too many munchie attacks. The Dude-Bro is pretty much always seen in comfortable cloths, especially in shorts if it's warm enough. He is often toting a green pack and driving a yellow Ford Fiesta.
For the few people who have seen Badger without a shirt, he has a full chest tattoo of the Demon Blood Sword from Adventure Time.
There is a strong smell of pot smoke, with an undercurrent of blood and hot metal. The sound of bones crunching, and a strange mix of a circle of drums with the righteous wailing of the Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers.
- Some stuff happened in here... I sure
- August 2013, Badger started showing up in at the cell in Ames, Iowa.
- October 2013, Badger joins some folks in Tulsa to help take care of an RQ spike they are having.
- March 2014, Badger become the cell leader. All accordians of Iowa weep at their misfortune.
- December 2014, Goes to Hartford to visit. Meets new people. Exposes them to The Dude Bro.
- Jan 2015, Badger learned to fly planes and rotor craft from Gaff Hook... and the world asked Mr. Hook "What have you wrought upon us.
- Badger promptly went out and bought/built one of these.
- Jan 23rd 2015, Badger is in Hartford to help with some medical implants that were put in Hartford cell members. Unfortunately, he didn't attend the meeting for cell leader (not considering it his business) and so was not around when Matthew Amari and Lillian Cross murdered 3 accord members. Something he deeply regrets not preventing.
- February 2015, Visits Miami the first time. Fights an Abomination or 6. Sees a swimming Rhino.
- April 13, 2015, Badger hits up the Cell in Boulder CO to help with a Pot related tear. "Why must the truth taint everything I LOVE?"
- It turned out to really be a pot related servant. It's dead now.
- April 30, 2015, Visits Puerto Rico the first time.
- May 2015, Finds out he's related to Jason Harvick
- July 2015, Joins the Accord Judiciary, appointed by Son of Wolf
- August 2015, Flies to Pakistan to take part in Operation: Lightbulb
- September 2015, Counters the magic of a mage servant in Vegas, facilitating her defeat at the hands of the Accord.
- October 2015, Participates in Mission: Entrenchment/Lizard People in Africa, investigating caves tht turn out to have a vessel from a far off universe.
- Badger got a sweet new phone from that mission.
- November 2015, Participates in the trial of Arullius Terra
- March 2016, Participates in the trial of Aiden Black
- April 2016, Participates in a low just hearing between Portland and Olympia.
- May 2016, Participates in Mission: Hathaway Takeaway in London, to find the boy Robert Hathaway and get him away from the influence of the CUT.
- May 13th, 2016, Badger is present for F13, the descent of the Obelisk. Firewall complains of copyright infringement.
- August 2016, Badger discovers a new mage in the Miami Cell has gone without any sort of help with her awakening. He takes her as his second apprentice.
- October 2016, Badger travels to The Obelisk as part of an investigation team. Unfortunately his Alchemy Apprentice Icarus Sphere is killed.
- November 2016, Badger leads one theater of Operation Paragon, in Guangzhou China.
Operation Storm Front: Badger went to help with closing a series of tears, and also to make wildly liberal use of the hosting cells fully stocked galley.
Operation Disclosure: Badger pretty much wishes he'd never even shown up for this
Operation Radar: Badger was a member of the local cell, and directly contributed to the assault and death of Laura Stigson, a Mage Servant
Operation Redemption: Badger assisted in the assault on one of the focai in the recovery operation.
Operation Lightbulb: Badger stayed with the base watch team, and flew scouting and close air support with his autogyro. He was instrumental in intercepting and combating the shadow souls, with his time divination and scouting giving the base the time to prepare a defense.
Operation Suicide King: Badger led team 7 into Hell on Earth, using his fate magics to direct them to where they needed to be, allowing Roux to capitalize on her infernal status to find their target. Badger came face to face with his vice personified, which was too lazy to pose a threat.
Operation Paragon: Guangzhou: Badger somehow, some way, was tapped to lead the Chinese front of this operation.
The Dude-Bro's Bros
- Riley Stiggson - He's come a long way, and he made a good successor for Cell Leader
- Christopher Stevens - He likes to build and design things too.
- Lupe - Nice Lady, good researches. But... seriously, I think some regular cover-alls would be a little less conspicuous on your zombies than Bee Keeper suits Lady-bro.
- F1R3W@LL - Leads Torch. Smart, feisty, all that Jazz.
- Gaff Hook - Head of Hammer. Hot headed, but I don't know too many wolves that aren't
- Houston - He's an arrow with an arrow mindset. Fancies himself an anime motorcycle ninja. Not wrong in that assertion.
- Ingrid Madrazo - Head of Scalpel, and reasonably good at that. Haven't really worked with her that much.
- Icarus Sphere - Alchemy Apprentice. Can't wait to see what she can do with some Forces and an Alchemy Grenade.
- Nevyn - Explosives Lady. Never a Bro. If you are going into the Underworld, she is number 1. All others are number 2 at best.
- Ryanne Reidy - Head of Compass, great cook, wizarding apprentice.
- Selma - Nice lady, easy on the eyes too.
- Simon - A sleeper. He's a good guy, does good work for the cause. But do not EVER forget that he is a sleeper, and he can't control that fact. It is the responsibility of the Wizard, not the sleeper, to handle the working of the mysteries responsibly.
- SteelSoul - Another Forge Master, he really came through on some work for the C-130, but I don't hear from him often enough.
- Cora Kirkwood - Lady-bro, why you gotta rag on the Fiesta?
- Delaney Stiggson - Wolf Blooded Lady-Bro
- Lilith - She's really as old as she says she is. I used to kinda dislike her. But have gotten to know her a lot better, and she's not bad.
- Meraki - New wizard, I'm teaching her the arts.
People Who Harsh the Mellow
- Raphael Szemere - Used to really dislike this guy. He is an arrogant prick. BUT he never teleported into another Accordists house and murdered them. That puts things in perspective.
- Gabriel - A traitor to the Accord. Every time he talks about oath breaking, all he really means is that he didn't get to cover up Lillian Cross's crimes with by assaulting investigators.
- Dr. Watts - The only thing astounding about him is how big a twat he is.
Lost and Gone
- Arco - They have met many times. Badger forgets every time. Maybe he should lay off the weed.
- Howls-with-Mirth - Interesting to talk to.
He sits alone, the smoke wreathed around him, the couch cradling him against the night. In his hands, a glowing light. Invisible to all but him, the light from within him. The light that sustains him, connects him with the supernal, the light that he will lose, eventually.
"Maybe better just throw it in Auroraboros. Better than let the Truth eat it up..."
Knowing that's not really an option, Badger sighs, and pushes his soul back in. He remains sitting, musing on what he told his cell-mates.
"I am a master of Death dude-bro. I know what my soul is worth."
Straight from the Dude-Bro
- A good wizard is like Batman dude. With enough time to plan, victory is inevitable.
- I'm a wizardly death-dude. That means I know what a soul is worth.
- I have worked on a piece of tech that I can share with anyone, where I put a Laptop and a Satellite Phone in a room and play some Barry Manilow and wham bam, Satellite lap top. Then I magic it up a bit to make it more powerful. Someone with more tech knowledge than me might be able to do that without the magic of Manilow. But I figure, if you can do something easily with magic... then it's time to be done and watch some Gravity Falls.
- I dig it. I went ahead and filled out the do-hickey, Lady-bro. But I dig on being in Ace, so no plans to change divisions for The Badger. - To F1R3W@LL during her assessment of ACE Readiness.
- Yeah, I think they are called Mulder-cannons? I guess cause TFV is like the X-file team. But with like... funding. - On the subject of TFV Mjolner Cannons
- So, when I tell you that a wizard can totally handle a thing, you gotta understand that there is going to be a lot of everyday Christmas with that. Yeah, everyday Christmas. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, then every day would be Christmas. For fucks sake bro, try to keep up. That wasn't even like, a new reference!
- Right Luci-dude, I am gonna lay this on you straight. You are not a human any more than I am. I can do magic, you have fucking wings and hellfire. We are both something else. Saying you're in with all the dudes who just got guns? That's some dishonest shit right there. - On the subject of Lucifuge claiming to be "just hunters/humans"
- Uh no. I don't like or deal with spirits, or know a lot about their powers. But the power you want? I know a spirit can't do that. You need a space wizard, or a certain kind of vampire or changeling. - To Arien Loki Nightshade when the vampire was asking if a spirit could create teleportation gates.
- Badger: The life you paid is one quarter of the magical energy it takes to make a spell last. I can heal the damage, but the pain and the drain is part of what makes the energy work. Death magic is not friendly or nice.
- Delaney: Why is it that some magic hurts, and some doesn’t… though it’s says that it is from the same source?
- Badger: Magic has a cost. Some times the cost is knowledge and skill. Sometimes it's Mana. And making spells true, and part of this Universes pattern, requires even more. The loss of will, or a spirits or other person to do it for you, or a harvest of pain, or a LOT of mana.
- I don't really have any more to say about this. I gave my opinion. The council reserves the privilege to do all things as they see fit. Everything else is window dressing.
- I'm going to go on a mission tonight, and put bullets to brain pans. We'll see how I feel after that.
- By the Blessing of Saint Michael Begins the glow, kicks over a folding chair COME AT ME DUDE-BRO!
- LEEEEERRROOOOOYYYYYY JEENNNKINNNNNSSSSSSS! Counterspells an attacking mage spell
- I don't particularly care if Carson doesn't like you, and I certainly am not concerned with your personal distaste for him dude-Gold. This is your chance to have some sort of input on consequences. But if you are going to spend the whole time faffing about, then you can step back to the waiting room, and The Judiciary and Carson will decide on a penalty, and assign its enforcement. - To Maximilian Gold
- No Mr. Johnson, I'm rather sick of your shit. Mr. Gold at least has a reason. You just seem to want to antagonize the one female Judge, and then look to me and Anthony as if we will get you out because 'bro code', you infantile piece of human waste. You make me fucking sick.
- You are a veritable Rapist of sense. You push yourself into the lives of people who should have been your allies. You force yourself into their operations, their cells, and their homes. You violate them, you degrade them, you bring violence upon them, and you murder their friends and loved ones. Then you use the systems that are supposed to protect them, to make sure they can never get away from you. The parliament, the Justice system. You make sure that not only have you violated them, they must be polite to you for it. They can't even die to escape you, the Truth has seen to that.
- You say that you hate rapists. But like a true predator, you just hate competition.
- Honestly, for me, little is different Lady-bro. I've always known we are outgunned. If Arch Masters, who can rewrite reality, can't solve this already, then this shit is serious.
- And after Vegas, we know for a fact that the Truth throws avatars into worlds as a power play. Shatters the secrecy to spread belief. And I know there was never really a way we could stop that. If McMillen can't just use her Mind Archmastery to make people ignore what is going on, then really the Arch Masters and Nuclear Prometheans and Super Vamps/Wolves are just a delay. Super weapons to hold back super weapons.
- This always has been, always will be, a ground war. It's gonna be won by the people in the trenches fighting back the encroachment. If we win it at all. I would say we have hit our Guadal Canal moment. The enemy has a strategic air base in strike range of un-loosable strategic heartland. We've got the First Marine division on the ground, but they are cut off, and under supplied.
- Can we win this thing? I propose that we can. And I propose that the best way to do that, is to put our best people in the right places, give them whatever resources we can scrape together, and make it happen.
- Even if that means we gotta grab the machine gun by the red hot barrel.
- So, that was a lot of confused metaphor. But I understand you and Nevyn are working on how to track that bitch. Maybe with her tracked, we can get a situation where we can hit back hard enough to take her down.
- And with that, maybe we'll take Guadal Canal, and turn the tide of this war. - to Lilith
- Mages are liars. We lie to the universe until it believes what we say. That minds should bend and the dead should rise. That concrete is water and light is dark. Nothing should make you think we have greater regard for your sensibilities than we do for the universes. - to Delaney Stiggson
- I'm not dead, you stupid fuck! - to a clone of Elijah Grey, after shooting him in the back of the head.
- Guy may be a fucking Stoner, but he's a top notch Forge Master - Unknown
- I'm not sure, but I think I saw this guy change a Goblin's mind at a Goblin Market. Seriously, who does that? - Heaphestus
- Look, sometimes Badger is going to talk. You just need to accept that this is going to happen and that you're going to have to get through it and that it's probably worth sifting the noise for the signal. I know, I know, but nobody ever said this war was going to be easy. - F1R3W@LL
- I'm not allowed to adopt him which sucks! So we're getting him a junkyard for Fèt des Membres (Vodou Christmas) instead. - Lupe
- His - affectations make whatever skills he may have irrelevant. In short, the man might be a genius, but he covers it too well with idiocy to ever let anyone know. - Deimos
- Nevyn said he was a dudebro, and I thought I was gonna have a headache. Nope. I'm pretty sure he's just faking it. He's too smart to be a real dudebro. Either that or he took the dudebro so far, he brought it back around. - REDACTED
- "Have you seen The Big Lebowski? No? Legit watch this shit. Badger is The Dude. It's amazing." - Ridley St. James
- "I used to grow cannabis. He smells like memories." - Lilith
- "Useful guy to have around, even if he is a wizard." - Quinn Avery
- "Firewall recommend him. He came through. The armor is light, flexible, durable, and exactly what I need. Quite the piece of work. It is a shame he is not one of the Vigil. He would be a tremendous asset." - Sean Booker
- "He is quite an odd individual, for while he constantly refers to gibberish, childish things, and uses language that insults his given position, he has already determined a solid plan and is walking down it, occasionally waiting for his cell members to catch up." - Scio Exitium
- "Seems like a cool dude. Probably someone I'd chill with more. An' he gets shit done." - Dancer
- "At first I wasn't sure what to make of the 'Dude-bro'. But actually he always knows what he's about. Wisdom takes many forms, and some of those forms involve loads of cannabis." - Blue
- "A brilliant mind that is worth the effort." - Ingrid
- "It's hard for me to tell if Badger is just a very layered personality or if he's as good a liar as I am. Hell, maybe he's both." - Simon
- "I know when I've made a shit impression. Wish I hadn't, but if he thinks I'm an idiot I earned those lumps." - Shkira Kushnir
- "I'd never really worked with Badg before, so he was always just that stoner who knee how to make stuff. Not bad, but nobody I'd hang out with. Now, I have a lot more respect for his leadership skills. Still not sure I'd hang out with him." - Hank Sims
- "Badger was a great flight instructor! He was also a good choice for leader on the Guangzhou mission for Operation Paragon; everyone else I met on that mission seemed like they were on the verge of a mental breakdown, and I prefer it when the person in charge is a source of calm instead of stress." - Volt
- "Badger has been mentoring me since long before actually becoming my Mentor, really. I'm... glad the false Pope didn't actually kill him." - Meraki
- "I like Badger. He's got skills and lets me do stuff. Which is awesome. Cause I like doing stuff." - Josie Williams
- "I have to say, I was turned off at first by all of the dudebro stuff. But, I learned that he's thoughtful, patient, and steadfast, which are three amazing qualities for an ally and fellow Judge. Funny as hell, too." - Mahaf
- "Beyond all the talk of him being a chill guy and a stoner, Badger is one most loyal and determined men I've met. I'm glad I was on Team Leo with him."- Denial
- "Sometimes it hurts to hunt. Thank you for doing it anyway." - David Shattuck
- "I cracked my bike up a while back. This guy they say can fix anything. Now she purrs like a kitten and get this, he got the thing to finally shut up." - Gabriel Helm
- "I love him. There is a lot about us that this does not explain, or maybe it explains enough. But I do love him." - Lilith
- Bro, what you say? (Like, add a quote.) - Bro (that's you)
- Please add!
- Badger is actually just playing dumb, and is an incredibly powerful and intelligent mage.
- Dude-bro loves cartoons. Particularly Adventure Time and Gravity Falls.
- He may have borrowed his project naming conventions from Codename: Kids Next Door.
- He's got a ghost familiar he calls Slimer.
- And a Supernal familiar named Bones.
- The Dude-Bro hates spirits
- He had a bad experience once
- Badger loves heavy pistols.
- He wields custom jobs he makes himself. An enchanted .454 Casull auto-revolver, and a Thaumium Super Redhawk.
- The auto-revolver is crazy powerful man. It's like, a magical tool and also a magical book!
- Badger loves to play Magic: The Gathering. In fact his collection is host to unlikely large array of rare cards.
- Dude was seen playing with a bunch of plastic rings at a meet up in The Virgin Islands recently.
- He's a White Lantern! He's got the power of all colors!
- Badger has devised a set of rings. They look like power rings from DC comics, but are enchanted and all have symbols for the different Arcana on them.
- They are dedicated magical tools, each dedicated to an Arcana.
- He killed another mage. Shot her in the head.
- Badger has been studying Voodoo... or was it Santeria? Any way, it seems like The Dude-bro got religion. Maybe he's been worrying about his soul.
- Despite Sublimes's reassurances, Badger in fact DOES practice Santeria.
- Badger does raise Zombies. But just sometimes.
- I am ready to deploy project H.I.T. M.A.R.C.
- Project successfully deployed on combat missions.
- I learned to fly so that I could enact project F.L.A.R.E.
- Project successful for air recon and support.
- Dude put his rune on like, 30 people in PR. What the fuck was that?
- He seems to do that wherever he goes. Always has a sharpie just for that.
- The Dude-bro is the actual inspiration for The Dude
- Some time magic may be involved...
- Badger is a Master of all Ten Arcana.
- No, just 5 of them, but an adept of the rest.
- He is responsible for #NotAllMages and #WizardLivesMatter
- He has literally had his heart ripped out. How the fuck did he live through that?
- Judge for the Accord Judiciary
- Commander of Wrench, a Division of A.C.E.
- (Out of Date) You go right on fucking off with your self and your talk of Duty. Badger does exactly what he feels like doing. Usually that is contributory to the cause, bro. But sometimes, a dude just wants to smoke some bowls and fuckin watch Adventure Time. Ya dig? Fuck yeah ya dig. Pull up some couch space and check this out. Then we'll watch some Gravity Falls.
- Advanced Wizarding
- Wanna trade grimoire rotes?
- Talking to Ghosts
- Manipulation of Magical Energies
- Seriously, if you are a wizard, learn alchemy
- Food, delicious food. Just cause you got the munchies doesn't mean you should eat crap.
- The Green, bro
- I dunno, a good bathroom?
The last item is non-negotiable
- Magic card players
- Casual lovers
- Character Development
- Anything really.....
Vampire: the Requiem