Boise, ID Masquerade
What This Page Is
The below information is known in character to all Kindred PCs attached to the MES Great Basin Domain (ID-003-D) Vampire: the Masquerade Cam/Anarch VSS. Other Kindred may be aware of some of this information through other sources. Please send an email to the Great Basin Cam/Anarch VST if you would like to determine exactly what your character knows about the Domain of Boise City.
The Domain of Boise City
In the past, the Prince of Boise traditionally held praxis over the entirety of Ada County, with specific focus on the cities of Boise, Garden City, Meridian, Eagle, Kuna, and Melba. Recently, due to a rise in numbers of Independents and Anarchs in the Treasure Valley, the Prince has reigned her praxis back to only include Boise city limits.
While the Prince claims Domain over the entire city, some factions and individuals have been granted stewardship over certain locations. Notably Garden City is currently under the stewardship of Project Zero, a loosely allied group of independent Kindred led by a Ravnos called Dice.
The Traditions of the Camarilla
- 1. The Masquerade: Thou shalt not reveal thy true nature to those not of the Blood.
- 2. Domain: Thy domain is thine own concern. All others owe thee respect while in it. None may challenge thy word while in thy domain.
- 3. Progeny: Thou shalt only sire another with the permission of thine elder. If thou createst another without thine elder’s leave, both thou and thy progeny shall be slain.
- 4. Accounting: Those thou create are thine own children. Until thy progeny shall be released, thou shall command them in all things. Their sins are thine to endure.
- 5. Hospitality: Honor one another’s domain. When thou comest to a foreign city, thou shalt present thyself to the one who ruleth there. Without the word of acceptance, thou art nothing.
- 6. Destruction: Thou art forbidden to destroy another of thy kind. The right of destruction belongeth only to thine elder. Only the eldest among thee shall call the blood hunt.
- Prince: Clover of Clan Malkavian
- Seneschal: Razor the Caitiff
- Harpy: Dehani Guchun of Clan Toreador
- Keeper of Elysium: Adam Gabriel of Clan Ventrue
- Sheriff: Donny of Clan Brujah
- Scourge: TBD
Useful OOC Information and Courtesies
These items aren't really game breaking or critical things, but they can ease your entry into the domain in many ways. Most should be common sense, but not every player is familiar with the game, the setting, or the systems.
- Present yourself to the Primogen of your clan when you enter the city and await their introduction of you to the court. Failure to do so can - and has - resulted in the immediate staking of your character. In some cases it has merely resulted in a series of vicious insults before the court. If your Clan lacks representation in the Primogen Council, contact the Seneschal.
- Always speak to the Prince with respect, but you should address her directly only on rare occasions, or when given leave by the Seneschal.
- The Seneschal's job is to arrange the meetings and nightly appointments for the Prince, and speaks with the Prince's voice. If you require to speak with the Prince, have your Primogen speak to the Seneschal on your behalf, or wait for the Prince to open court for general business.
- For brand new players, when bringing in a character make sure you have a reason to be in the city. Poorly thought out concepts don't give you license to enter the domain and squat for territory while you figure it out. This is also important for the player that is introducing you. Have some character ties, don't just throw the new person to the wolves.
- Character Ties are important when you enter the domain. They will give you things to do, places to hang out, and a chance to be involved in plots that won't magically appear under your nose.
- Great Basin Cam/Anarch VSS
- Boise MES LARP Facebook Group
- BNS Character Sheet Excel Spreadsheet
- Interactive PDF Character Sheet from Mr. Gone