Category:Milwaukee, WI Masquerade
In the Masquerade Camarilla/Anarch/Independent venue continuity, this city is run as a GL Dark Place on the Map.
This is the venue page for Vampire: the Masquerade (C/A/I) in Milwaukee, WI.
This page contains information about the Milwaukee, WI that is relevant to the MES Camarilla/Anarch/Independent continuity.
ST Contact: GL ARST Masquerade CAI
Games in Milwaukee:
MES has no OOC presence in Milwaukee, so no LARP games are run there. Some GL IRC games may be set there.
- 1 Current Setting
- 2 Court
- 3 History of the Milwaukee and the Surrounding Area
- 4 Timeline of Milwaukee and the Surrounding Area
- 5 OOC Information
Of courts in the Camarilla's Lakes-Mississippi Heartland that have survived into the 21st century, Milwaukee might arguably hold the deepest shadows and riskiest terrain. Before the great controversies surrounding Prince Lodin of Chicago in the later 20th century, Milwaukee's own Ventrue lineage, namely, the feud between the Elder broodmates Hrothulf and Gracis Nostinus, had drawn a great deal of negative attention from the Justicars beginning with the earliest years of settlement. Only in the mid- and late-20th century under Prince Terence Merik did it seem that the Clan Ventrue might pull the city's reputation out of the fire. Meanwhile, the defense of the city from the Lupines is the special province of the Gangrel coterie called Anubi.
But Merik died mysteriously in the 1990s, and he was succeeded by the infamous former Archon Vladimir Penzl, known by some as "the real Chicago slaughterhouse" for his harsh approach to martial governance after the fall of Lodin's government. Now that Chicago has fallen and formed a second front of Lupines to add to the traditional Lupine threat from the North, Milwaukee is a quite isolated court, which is even dangerous to approach or leave. But it is also a court with numerous powerful Kindred, many of them Elders and the most powerful sorts of Ancillae. Thus there is a great deal of Camarilla power there, clamped down tightly by a great deal of external pressure. As a result, many Neonates regard Milwaukee with wariness, because missteps in that court are dangerous, and not merely for one's reputation. It is also the chosen residence of the battle-scarred Samuel Vesper, Toreador Ancilla and Archon to His Grace Jan Pieterzoon, the Ventrue Justicar.
Harpy: Lucina (Toreador)
Others of the Court
Brujah: Sarah DeLancey, Malachi Russell, Hugo Zimmerman, Tucker Moore
Gangrel: Thomas Gerheiren, Julia Calvin
Malkavian: Jules Emerson, Jacob (Esou)
Nosferatu: Natasha Starikoff, Tobias Metz, Erich Zahler, Stanley Chase, Peter Elkhart
Toreador: Samuel Vesper, Louis Detonas, Emma LaPole
Tremere: Abraham DuSable, Victor
Former Residents and Visitors
This section is for listing PCs and NPCs who were former residents of this city or whose activities in the city's history might be known to others. Completely clandestine interactions may be listed, but should be listed with a disclaimer making that clear.
Please provide the character's name with a wiki link, a date or date range, and brief information about the character's role in the city.
- Edward Scott, "The Black Prince" (until 1996): Formerly a member of the Primogen Council of the city who generously represented the interests of the city's former Anarch contingent, this Elder Brujah joined the Anarchs of Green Bay in 1996).
- Akawa, a.k.a. "The Elder" (until 1996): Previously known for his skills fighting the Lupines in Milwaukee, this Ancilla Brujah was known for his long-standing rivalry with Edward Scott, "The Black Prince". He joined the Anarchs of Green Bay in 1996.
- "Wrecker" (1968-1996): Childe of Akawa, a.k.a. "The Elder", this Neonate Brujah joined the Anarchs of Green Bay in 1996.
- "Turk" (1975-1996): This Anarch Caitiff relocated to Green Bay in 1996.
- DJ Barth (1934-1996): DJ Barth was a nominal member of the Camarilla in Milwaukee until Vladimir Penzl claimed praxis in 1996, at which time he relocated to Green Bay and threw in his lot with the Anarchs.
- Dr. Mortius (until 2002): This mysterious Elder Tremere has been missing since 2002. The Clan Tremere offers no comment about his whereabouts, maintaining that to the best of their knowledge, he is still alive.
- Stephano Ratavichi (1868-1945): Ghouled in 1868 from the local population by Carna and embraced in 1873, his formative Kindred years were spent in Milwaukee before he relocated to Ann Arbor, which was then a client city under the Camarilla Imperium of Detroit.
- Terence Merik (until 1995): This Ventrue was the last Prince of Milwaukee until he died under mysterious circumstances in 1995. Evidence presented by the former Archon (and his successor as Prince) Vladimir Penzl suggested that Merik was killed by Sabbat agents, but this theory has never been proved.
- Gracis Nostinus (until 1995): This Ventrue Elder and founder of Milwaukee met final death by the authority of the former Archon Vladimir Penzl, who is now Prince of Milwaukee.
- Hrothulf (until 1995): This Ventrue Elder and founder of Milwaukee disappeared in 1995, apparently fleeing from the martial authority of the former Archon Vladimir Penzl, who killed his arch-rival and broodmate Gracis Nostinus and is now Prince of Milwaukee, and the ongoing presence of Justicar Jan Pieterzoon's authority, the Archon Samuel Vesper.
- Badr al-Budur (until 1995): This Assamite woman resided in the Milwaukee area briefly before the mysterious death of Terence Merik, the former prince. She apparently left Milwaukee and completely dropped off the Camarilla radar in 1995. Her current whereabouts are unknown to the Camarilla.
- Rags (1994-1996): In his capacity as Servire to the former Archon Vladimir Penzl, who is now Prince of Milwaukee, Rags operated in Milwaukee during these years.
- Salvatore Giovanni (1994): While ensuring Tommy Hinds' safe passage to Green Bay, Salvatore spends two nights in Milwaukee, making a deal with Cedrick Calhoun.
History of the Milwaukee and the Surrounding Area
Before about 1845, the towns of Juneautown and Kilbourntown that would later become Milwaukee were very dangerous for Kindred, because the area was the new battleground of a feud between Ventrue Elders Hrothulf and Gracis Nostinus, broodmates who had been in conflit for centuries. In those early decades, the two Elders used other kindred as pawns, and they even contracted Assamites to slay each other's pawn. As the reputation of this feud spread through the Midwest, most Kindred steered well clear of the Elders' private warzone. Finally the two were forced to call a cease fire in 1845, taking their rivalry back into the shadows. The Justicars were not pleased.
The mid- and late-1800s saw more Kindred coming to Milwaukee. Using early state governments to their advantage in the upper Midwest, the Kindred enacted a very effective bounty on wolves, setting the mortals to do the work of driving the Lupines back away from the new city. Meanwhile, Erik Pointene managed a very solid defense of the city itself against Lupine encroachment, which allowed the new city o Milwaukee to flourish for Kine and Kindred alike.
The early 1900s saw some instability of the praxis and then the resurgence of Hrothulf as prince, until the feud with Gracis Nostinus re-ignited in the 1920s, forcing him out of praxis and back into hiding. In the wake of these events, Terence Merik took the city for the Ventrue and held it until his mysterious death in the 1990s. Since the fall of Chicago in 1994, Milwaukee has gained new importance, and perhaps infamy, for since 1996 the controversial and tyrannical Nosferatu Elder (and former Archon) Vladimir Penzl has held Milwaukee. His reputation and stature cast a shadow of suspicion and paranoia over the city's Kindred in the eyes of other courts of the Lakes-Mississippi Heartland. Meanwhile, the court remains isolated due to renewed pressure from the Lupines who continue to assault the city from the North as well as those who occupy the burnt out heart of the Chicago metro area just to the south. As a result, the court of Milwaukee holds great risk, because numerous powerful Kindred reside there together in a tense alliance of tactical necessity, isolated by two Lupine fronts that tend to discourage visitors.
Timeline of Milwaukee and the Surrounding Area
Masquerade specific (read: made up for game) history is noted by brackets ; everything else is RL but still used for historical purposes and should be considered IC, as well. An asterisk denotes a national architectural landmark.
History of Milwaukee and the surrounding area:
- 1674: [A mysterious man among Marquette’s party called Petre Dubois went missing near Manhanawaukee-Seep, an Indian gathering place at the south shore of Lake Michigan. The party left the man behind after being unable to find him when they encountered the Chippewa tribe, though they stayed for an extra week hoping he would turn up. Petre Dubois was actually a Ventrue Elder named Hrothulf.
- 1804: Land Act of 1804 passed to entice settlers westward from the State of Ohio into the Northwest Territory.
- 1814: Fort Shelby built at Prairie du Chien, captured by British, name changed to Fort McKay.
- 1815: British abandoned Fort McKay.
- 1816: Astor's American Fur Company began operating in Wisconsin.
- 1818: Wisconsin area included in Michigan Territory; territorial governor created two Wisconsin counties: Brown and Crawford.
- 1818: Juneautown founded by Solomon Juneau. The town would eventually become the East Town neighborhood of Milwaukee. [[[Hrothulf]] (Ventrue Elder) moved into Juneautown shortly after it was founded.]
- 1822: Indians from New York moved to Wisconsin. Lead mining began in southwestern Wisconsin.
- 1825: U. S. and Indian representatives met at Prairie Du Chien, signed Treaty of Prairie Du Chien establishing tribal boundaries.
- 1831: Survey of public lands began by Lucius Lyon.
- 1833: Second Treaty of Chicago.
- 1834: Byron Kilbourn founded Kilbourntown, which eventually became the Westown neighborhood of Milwaukee. [[[Gracis Nostinus]] (Ventrue Elder) moved into Kilbourntown soon after it was founded. Hrothulf (Ventrue Elder) discovers Gracis Nositinus (already known from the Old World) upon entering the city to took it for himself. Hrothulf and Gracis begin a war of assassination attempts for the next few years using the area’s few other Kindred as their pawns.]
- 1836: U.S. Congress created Territory of Wisconsin, including Minnesota. Madison selected as territorial capital.
- 1837: All territorial banks failed in Panic of 1837. Winnebago Indians ceded claim to all land in Wisconsin.
- 1840: [The feud between Hrothulf (Ventrue Elder) and Gracis Nostinus (Ventrue Elder) had killed off the few other Kindred near Juneautown and Kilbourntown. They continued their feud through their mortal contacts, and a rivalry arose between the two towns. Soon, mortals of one town could not enter the other without white flags of truce as protection. Kindred all over the New World heard of the rivalry and gave the area a wide berth. Their rivalry continued despite warnings from Camarilla leadership, but the distance from other Camarilla cities allowed them to continue.]
- 1843: The Milwaukee area is settled primarily by German immigrants.
- 1845: [ Gracis Nostinus induced a riot and the bridges between Juneautown and Kilbourntown were destroyed. The citizens of Kilbourntown (at the manipulation of Gracis) also aimed a loaded cannon at Juneautown but never fired. The rivalry between the Ventrue Elders continued so openly until the appearance of the Nosferatu Justicar on the scene, who forced Hrothulf to call a ceasefire with Gracis. By the Justicar’s order, they took the feud underground. Soon the cities merged and elected Solomon Juneau mayor. Gracis left to build his assets elsewhere. Hrothulf stepped down as prince, leaving no Prince of Milwaukee.]
- 1848: Wisconsin became 30th U. S. state; first telegram reached Milwaukee.
- 1851: First railroad opened between Milwaukee and Waukesha. [Elder Tremere Carna moved to Milwaukee. Her arrival established the presence of Clan Tremere there that continues today.]
- 1860: Clan Tremere sends a small group of Tremere to Milwaukee to join Carna and establish a new chantry within the city limits.
- 1865: [ Erik Pointene, a French vampire who had travelled extensively in South America, took control of Milwaukee. Any breach of the Traditions was often punished with death, and there were several Blood Hunts called during this Prince’s reign. Yet he was well liked because he kept the peace and proved to be a brave fighter against the Lupines. Milwaukee’s Kindred resisted Lupine attacks for the next 40 years.]
- 1883: Newhall House (Hotel) fire in Milwaukee killed 71. South wing of capitol extension collapsed.
- 1885: Karl Meyer’s Masonic lodge stretches influence through a dozen additional temples that have grown from it. Nobles from one of them, the Medinah Temple in Chicago, found the Tripoli Shrine in this year.
- 1886: Workers in Bay View struck for eight-hour work day; five died after confrontations with militia.
- 1887: Eugene Hawthorne, a rather eccentric, but driven, Toreador ancilla, comes to Milwaukee. Seeking to make a name for himself in the fledgling local court, he proposes a major parks-based city beautification project for the city as it comes into its own in the era of urban planning.
- 1892: The dawn of “Sewer Socialism” in Milwaukee’s mortal politics. Until the 1960s, Milwaukee is the hub of American democratic (rather than orthodox Marxist) socialism. Due to the unstoppable power of the city population’s industrial/labor focus, the Camarilla is forced to ally itself with the “Sewer Socialists” and manipulate affairs in its favor rather than against it, or lose control of the city.
- 1893: Hawthorne’s plans come to fruition. Thanks to any number of boons and other favors, Hawthorne manages to deliver federal authorization, funding and even the services of renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted to establish Lake Park, River (now Riverside) Park and Washington Park as part of Milwaukee’s eventual “Necklace of Parks”.
- 1895: Prince Pointene makes his pleasure with the *Visionary* Eugene Hawthorne known at court in response to the Toreador’s park-building accomplishments: “parks for the poor”, as they were called in the local political sphere.
- 1900: [On New Year’s Eve, poor defenses allowed Lupines deep into Milwaukee. Prince Erik Pointene was killed in the defense. Terence Merik (Ventrue Elder) led a counterattack and the Prince’s body was recaptured, but nothing could be done for him. Hrothulf resisted Merik becoming Prince, and a 5-year war between local Elders ensued. Hrothulf backed Edward Austin, but too many resisted Austin as prince.]
- 1906: [[[Edward Austin]] was slain by an unknown faction. Hrothulf (Ventrue Elder) took control of Milwaukee. It was just recently that Merik (Ventrue Elder) married his Gangrel wife, so it is thought the assassin was a Lupine working for Merik. Hrothulf was just too old to be safely opposed in pitch battle, and all the other Elders gave way before him when he crowned himself Prince. Hrothulf ruled well over a troubled town. The Lupines attempted several more attacks but were defeated each time.]
- 1907: Clan Giovanni negotiates a business arrangement with Hrothulf which results in the first trio of Giovanni coming to the city. Over the decades, one or more of these these are rotated out, but three always remain in accordance with this contract. With some variation over the years as the city changed, Clan Giovanni played a big part in the management of Milwaukee’s Brewer’s Hill, Schlitz Park, Lower East Side (downtown), Yankee Hill, Juneau Town and Historic Third Ward neighborhoods until 1967.
- 1917: Many African-Americans moved to Wisconsin cities of Racine, Beloit, Milwaukee from rural South. 120,000 soldiers from Wisconsin served in WWI, nearly 4,000 died.
- 1920: Hamilton Airport is established by business owner Thomas Hamilton.
- 1923: [A European Kindred assassin almost succeeded in slaying Hrothulf (Ventrue Elder). Hrothulf took this as an announcement that Gracis Nostinus (Ventrue Elder) was bringing in friends and allies from Europe. As a Prince, Hrothulf feared he would have many enemies amongst the vampires of Milwaukee who would gladly work with allies to overthrow him. To remove the possibility that Gracis’ strength might grow even larger, Hrothulf resigned his position and another secret war began. Many Neonate pawns in this struggle later became Anarchs and left Milwaukee.]
- 1925: [[[Lyle Rickson]] took control of the city with the half-hearted support of the Elders. Shortly after Rickson assumed power, rumors began to spread that he was a member of the Sabbat.]
- 1926: Milwaukee County purchases the land beneath Hamilton Airport on October 19, 1926, for the Milwaukee County Airport.
- 1926: Using financial power siphoned from Chicago, Malkavian Karl Meyer manipulates the Tripoli Shrine to begin construction of the Tripoli Shrine Temple in Milwaukee’s Concordia neighborhood on the West Side. The temple is designed in Moorish revival style.
- 1928 (May 14): The Tripoli Shrine Temple is completed. It is the first temple in Wisconsin, and it is home to 13,000 Shriners in the area. This masterpiece of Moorish Revival style, based loosely on the design of the Taj Mahal, also represents Karl Meyer’s conception of his own “power”. Although the Shriners eventually wane in influence in the later 20th century, Meyer’s “power” networks remain, having grown beyond the Shriner community.
- 1929 (August 31): Kohler Aviation Corporation begins providing passenger service across Lake Michigan.
- 1930: [[[Lyle Rickson]] had not been popular as prince, and few were surprised when Merik (Ventrue Elder) forced Rickson to surrender the city. Merik had made a great deal of money in liquor from Canada, and his Mafia connections were strong. He used this strength to secure his position as prince and banish Rickson. Merik remained Prince of Milwaukee until the 1990s, popular enough and capable enough at fending off Lupine aggression, and the Council of Elders rarely voted against him in the following years.]
- 1940s: The Black neighborhood called “Bronzeville”, located on and near what are now known as Old World Third Street and Martin Luther King Drive, becomes known as a "Harlem of the Midwest" for its jazz clubs and juke joints which attracted both local and nationally renowned musicians such as B.B. King and Ella Fitzgerald. It is commonly understood that Eugene Hawthorne is behind the cultural proliferation of this neighborhood.
- 1940: A passenger terminal is constructed at the airport.
- 1940 (October): Milwaukee comes under attack by two medium-sized Sabbat Packs. Prince Merik and the Anubi are able to withstand the attacks. Support by Clan Tremere keeps the Sabbat at bay, but they are unable to drive them from the city. The Seneschal of the city, Martin Compton (Ventrue) is killed in the defense action. It is unclear whether his death as at Sabbat hands, or due to some other intrigue during the conflict.
- 1940 (December 12): [ Brent Sparrow (Malkavian) accepts the office of Seneschal of Milwaukee.]
- 1941 (March 17): The airport is renamed General Mitchell Field after Milwaukee's military airpower advocate, Brigadier General William "Billy" Mitchell.
- 1945 (January 4): Mitchell Field is leased to the War Department for use as a World War II prisoner-of-war camp. Over 3,000 prisoners and 250 enlisted men stay at the work camp. Escaped German prisoners are often surprised to find a large German and Polish population just beyond the fence.
- 1950s: Much of the “Bronzeville” district, which is centered along Walnut Street (essentially halfway between State Street and North Avenue), is razed to make room for the Interstate 43 and other arterial road expansions. After that the community is largely displaced, and the neighborhood goes into decline. Rumors persist that Clan Giovanni’s influence on the city’s transportation is responsible, but none can prove any direct, intentional action.
- 1955: The present airport terminal is opened.
- 1955: Jason MacIntosh (Brujah) comes to Milwaukee. With him comes the rest of his Brujah coterie: Malachi Russell, Sarah DeLancey, Hugo Zimmerman and Tucker Moore.
- 1957: Milwaukee Braves won World Series.
- 1959: Inner Great Lakes ports gained access to the Atlantic Ocean with opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway, which cost $470 million Canadian, $336.2 million of which was paid by the Canadian government. [The Camarilla of Detroit and Kindred of other Great Lakes ports including Chicago, Milwaukee and Green Bay felt the Giovanni “noose” tighten on Detroit as the St. Lawrence Seaway was completed, but the Giovanni had practical control over all water shipping through Detroit. The Brujah of Detroit, including Prince Paul Foucault (Brujah Elder) sought support from other major Camarilla cities in the region, but Brujah-Ventrue politics seemed to be responsible for the lack of meaningful direct support from Chicago and Milwaukee.]
- 1960s (late) to 1970s (early): Backlash against the freeway virtually grinds Milwaukee's freeway construction to a halt, leaving the city with about 50% of the highways recommended by the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission's freeway plan. As in many “Great Lakes “rust belt” cities, there is great loss of blue collar jobs, and Milwaukee experiences “white flight” as whites leave the city for the suburbs. [These years are complicated at the Kindred court as different clans vie for control of local transportation, industrial and political forces. Relations with Clan Giovanni grow particularly cold.]
- 1964: The first seven miles of I-94 are completed, heralding an age of greater decentralization, as southeastern Wisconsin suburbs continue to proliferate along interstate corridors, providing an alternative to crowded city living. The kindred of the city spend the next decade adjusting to countless new decentralized power structures in mortal society.
- 1965: Legislation passed banning housing discrimination. Milwaukee Braves moved to Atlanta; Grand jury investigated illegal lobbying activities in legislature.
- 1967: Race riots held in Milwaukee. [Prince Terence Merik ejects Clan Giovanni from Milwaukee in late July due to the scandal surrounding Detroit's new Giovanni praxis.
- 1968: Milwaukee Arena opens.
- 1973: The First Wisconsin Center (now U.S. Bank Center) is completed, becoming the tallest building in Wisconsin at 601 ft (42 floors).
- 1976: U. S. District Court ordered integration of Milwaukee schools.
- 1977: State employees union struck, lasted 15 days, National Guard ran prisons.
- 1982: [A covert Setite temple is discovered in Milwaukee, seducing the underbelly of the city and undermining Camarilla power. Due to the difficulty of maneuvering during short summer nights, the removal of the city’s Setites takes over a month to complete.] Milwaukee's Jos. Schlitz Brewing Co. closed after being acquired by Stroh Brewing Co. of Detroit. [The Camarilla came to suspect that the Clan Giovanni had begun branching into the brewing industry in order to undermine Camarilla interests in other cities.]
- 1984-1990: The airport terminal is significantly expanded.
- 1986 (June 19): The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors officially renames Mitchell Field to General Mitchell International Airport.
- 1987 (September): A small Sabbat incursion in the suburbs causes a media crisis for several weeks. Coordinated efforts by the court manage to remove the Sabbat presence and disperse lingering tales of vampires among Milwaukeeans.
- 1988: Chrysler Corporation's auto assembly plant in Kenosha closed. First state lottery games started.
- 1988 (October 1): Bradley Center (basketball, hockey, arena football) opens.
- 1990: Milwaukee murders set new record, raised demands for crime and drug controls.
- 1992: Protests by thousands of opponents were held at six abortion clinics in Milwaukee throughout summer. [Justicar Thracs sent a letter (February 14) to Mark Decker (Gangrel Ancilla, leader of a Milwaukee coterie called the Anubi). The letter warned Decker that the Kindred of Milwaukee must stop blaming the Lupines or Prince Terence Merik (Ventrue Elder) for their problems, which included many cases of near-breach of the Masquerade. It also warned that the Kindred of Milwaukee must reform and reduce the number of Kindred compared to the mortal population, else the Camarilla would take direct action in order to protect the Masquerade. Mark Decker replied by letter (February 29) stating that the Anubi defended Milwaukee against the Lupines unaided, while the Elders and Anarchs alike sat in helpless ignorance, and that the Justicar’s expressed concerns for the Masquerade betrayed a lack of comprehension of the extent of Milwaukee’s particular problems.]
- 1993 (April 3): Cryptosporidium in Milwaukee's water supply sickened thousands. [Milwaukee Camarilla suspected a faction of Lupines to be responsible for the cryptosporidium contamination. Eaton Vespers, local resident Gangrel of 15 years, is discovered to be a spy for the Sabbat and destroyed by Scourge Jason MacIntosh. Abraham DuSable (Tremere Ancilla) and Tracy Graves (Tremere Ancilla), Chicago’s last two Tremere, relocated to Milwaukee.]
- 1994: [Part of the Chicago Exodus, Cedric Calhoun (Nosferatu Ancilla), Jules Emerson and Emma LaPole relocated to Milwaukee. Shejana (Ravnos) came to the city then as well. [[Tracy Graves] (Tremere Ancilla) disappeared from Milwaukee without a trace. Clan Tremere announced suspicion that Lupines or Sabbat were responsible.]
- 1995: [Prince Terence Merik (Ventrue Elder) of Milwaukee died under suspicious circumstances. Pursuing this and investigating some leads gained from Sabbat prisoners, Archon Vladimir Penzl (Nosferatu Elder) and his Servires moved into Milwaukee, declaring martial governance there as they had in Chicago. The Archon’s investigation turned up that the late Prince Merik’s death resulted from Gracis Nostinus’ (Ventrue Elder) latest movements in the the centuries-old feud against Hrothulf (Ventrue Elder). Gracis was executed by the Archon himself. Hrothulf disappeared into hiding upon hearing rumors that the Archon’s investigation of the Sabbat in Milwaukee might be leading to him, and that the Camarilla wanted him dead anyway. In the 21st century, Hrothulf has not been seen again. Archon Penzl’s local Sabbat investigation over the remainder of that year turned up that Parovich (Nosferatu Elder) and some other local Kindred were Sabbat turncoats, largely responsible for feeding the Sabbat intelligence leading to the Final Deaths of several Chicago Kindred. Archon Penzl pursued the traitors and reported their destruction to Justicar Thracs. In assisting the Archon, Tremere Brigitte Mendelsohn was killed by the Sabbat.]
- 1996 (July 2): Pabst Brewery in Milwaukee closed. [[[Karl Meyer]] presents the staked and torpored body of an Assamite to the court, explaining that he captured her as she was trying to assassinate him in his haven. Meyer petitioned for the right of destruction. Prince Penzl granted it, but then Meyer removed the torpored Assamite from the court, never to be seen again. Rumors that Meyer is sadistically toying with his helpless would-be killer before acting on his right of destruction persist to the current day, but no evidence is available either way. Meyer never spoke of it again. Justicar Thracs announced that Archon Vladimir Penzl’s (Nosferatu Elder) privately expressed claim to the praxis of Milwaukee in exchange for his two-year campaign in Chicago and Milwaukee should be honored by the Camarilla. Vladimir Penzl was allowed to retire from service as an Archon to Justicar Thracs in order to enjoy his new praxis. The Anarchs Edward Scott (Brujah Elder), Akawa (Brujah Elder), Wrecker (Brujah Ancilla) and Turk (Caitiff Neonate) relocated to Green Bay. Also, Barth (Toreador Neonate) joined the Anarchs an relocated to Green Bay.]
- 1998: [Following the Hmong people’s migration into Minnesota and Wisconsin, the Giovanni lesser family della Passaglia first appeared in the Midwest, including representatives to the Camarilla courts of the Twin Cities and Milwaukee, as well as the Anarchs of Green Bay.]
- 2000s-2010s: A new “Bronzeville” district with adjusted boundaries experiences something of a revival as it sees the arrival of several new businesses, restaurants, condos, coffee shops and night clubs that seek to recapture the prominence the area once had.
- 2001: Miller Park (baseball) is completed.
- 2002: Dr. Mortius (Tremere Elder) was last sighted in Milwaukee. Clan Tremere has claimed no knowledge of his whereabouts since. To the Harpies, they have maintained that the dispositions of any boons or prestations with him must be determined upon his return to Camarilla society.
- 2006: Milwaukee is named one of the "Dozen Distinctive Destinations" by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, largely because of the city’s efforts to preserve its history and revitalize its historic neighborhoods.
- 2007: The Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year competition honors three Milwaukee companies: Astronautics Corporation of America, Brady Corporation and Wisconsin Plating Works Inc. (in Racine). Astronautics Corp. of America is honored for its high-technology research and development program. Brady, a publicly owned manufacturer of signs, labels and other identification and security products, receives an award for corporate excellence. Wisconsin Plating Works, which provides metal finishing services, receives an award for employee and environmental stewardship.
- 2009: A group of elected officials and business leaders tries to entice Boston-Power Inc., a Massachusetts-based maker of lithium-ion batteries for laptop computers, personal digital assistants, mobile telephones and other portable devices, to open a factory in Milwaukee.
Further details about the History of Milwaukee.
GL ARST Masq Camarilla/Anarch/Independent.
Pages in category "Milwaukee, WI Masquerade"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.