Ciro Dante De Rosa
Ciro at a Glance
Born: 1899 - Tuscany, Italy
Embraced: 1930 - Tuscany, Italy
Status: ABIDING: Confirmed (Machiavellian Prodigy) FLEETING: Loyal - Courteous (L. Status Ban)
Notable Traits: Both an accomplish Viticulturist (Winemaker) and capable soldier
Title or Positon: Harpy of Vancouver
The Facts of Ciro
- Ciro is a member of House Thorne
- He earned the recognition of Machiavellian Prodigy with his partner, Zelda De Rosa, after successfully repairing significant masquerade breaches from altercations with Sabbat. Their successful service came before any local Ancillae's could act and after they themselves participated in combat. But the most impressive fact was that both actually acquired multiple boons and spent nothing except their wits to accomplish it.
- Ciro and Zelda have spent the better part of the last decade nomadically traveling to represent their family in the defence of the Ivory Tower. They have also shown up essentially any time any member of their direct lineage could benefit from support.
- A world-renowned (among kindred) Blood-Vintner, Ciro’s Blood-Wine has often been given as gifts to Archons, Princes, and other kindred of influence.
The Family of Ciro
- Yelena Davydov - Great, Great Grandsire
- Feodor Krasny - Great Grandsire
- Arthur Thorne - Great Grandsire (Adopted)
- Rollo Tomasi - Grandsire
- Antonin Boucher - Sire
- Grizelda Neorah De Rosa - Broodmate and Un-Life Partner
- James - Childer
- Beauregaurd Telfair - Great Grandsire’s Broodmate
- Hestia - Sire’s Broodmate
- Dr. Alex Pond - Sire’s Broodmate’s Childer
Allies and Antagonist
- Johnston Ramsey (JR) Forbes - DECEASED - Ciro watches The Master Harpy of Austin Texas closely. He admires the force of Forbes' personality and the skill with which it's wielded.
- Gabriel Thorne - one of Ciro's favorite performers.
- Lilly Belle - The current Toreador Clanhead of the United States of America.
- Occam - The former Toreador Prince of San Fransisco and Co-Founder of the Guild of the Climbing Rose.
- More shall be revealed…
- The Sabbat - Ciro is often one of the friendliest kindred in the room. Those who have witnessed him in combat would tell a different tail; one about a brutal, detached and capable ender of un-life. Against the Sabbat, Ciro rarely leaves survivors. And incidentally, they hate him for it.
The Rumour Mill on Ciro
- Ciro has a second personality that takes over when in combat.
- Ciro buys his vitae for bloodwine from private surgery clinics all along the eastern seaboard.
- Ciro stole a Blood Magic ritual that he uses to infuse his bloodwine with mystical properties.
- Ciro was Sabbat less than ten years ago.
- ”Inspiring, Creative, innocuous, candid, incandescent, courteous, insatiable, indefinable, indescribable, calcifying, can't keep coping without a taste, a toast from his mouth to ours.. let me sip it so I don't swallow you whole..” - Hestia
- ”The idea that I would be embarrassed because my childe occupies a higher social station than I do is quite preposterous. I couldn't be more proud of Ciro.” - Antonin Boucher
- ”Ciro is going places. If you haven't made a point of befriending him, you should fix that.” - Master Harpy Forbes, Domain of Austin
- ”On the day of the Sabbats extinction it shall my cousins wine that is used to toast the victory.” - Dr. Alex Pond
- "Ah, my dear and dashing Ciro. With a disarming smirk and a bottle of Essenza Di Ciro, he almost made me go back on my word about...nevermind." - Gabriel Thorne
- "I must applaud Antonin on his choice. Ciro has shown great poise when needed, as well as the unwavering loyalty required by those of Yelena's blood." - Feodor Krasny
- ”Quotes coming soon.” - Attribution
De Rosa Blood-Wine
The creation of blood-wine is Ciro Dante De Rosa’s purpose. The vitae preserved and bottled from sources with precise diets and genetic qualities has been the talk of many domains across Europe and North America. It’s said Ciro’s skills as a Blood-Vintner is what inspires those who partake to a flush of emotion. But among Toreador the emotion is believed to be from his soul, not the wine. In fact, it’s the Toreador’s willingness to dabble and trust in the product that inspires those of other clans to try his mellifluous creations. Once kindred get a taste, they rarely question the purchase of another bottle. Ciro’s patrons span the globe and kindred are oft delighted by gifts from his cellar from callers looking to truly impress.
Essenza Di Ciro, by De Rosa
- One of his most rare and expensive creations. Only world famous artists who give freely of their life blood are used in it’s creation.
- (Absent Sway - Inspired) (Qualities - Artisan/Stylish)
Bitter Griz, by De Rosa
- Nonchalant and satiated, this blend of accomplished healthy senior after a country club buffet inspires the quick-witted worldly spirit in you.
- (Absent Sway - Sated) (Qualities - Artisan/Stylish)
- Inspired by Grizelda Neorah De Rosa
Zelda’s Delight, by De Rosa
- Who knew the essence of an evil doer after a juice cleanse could bring such glee and enchantment!
- (Absent Sway - Delight) (Qualities - Artisan/Stylish)
- Inspired by Grizelda Neorah De Rosa
Love Doctor, by De Rosa
- This smooth and sensuous essence is harvested by celebrities at the moment their careers take off.
- (Absent Sway - Desire) (Qualities Artisan/Stylish)
- Inspired by Dr. Alex Pond
Yelena's Grace, by De Rosa
- The most powerful and unyielding have their vitae taken by force for this blend of majesty and wicked prominence.
- (Absent Sway - Notorious) (Qualities Artisan/Stylish)
- Inspired by Yelena Davydov
Holy Feodor, by De Rosa
- The danger alone of harvesting the essence from those with true faith makes this rare creation a truly ethical delicacy.
- (Absent Sway - Righteous) (Qualities Artisan/Stylish)
- Inspired by Feodor Krasny
Hestiacity, by De Rosa
- Only the most focussed and successful business and entertainment people are chosen for this invigorating hit of tenacity.
- (Absent Sway - Intense) (Qualities Artisan/Stylish)
- Inspired by Hestia
Sybilla Creeper, by De Rosa
- Every sip sneaks up the tongue and reminds the patron that we are all still monsters.
- (Absent Sway - Monstrous) (Qualities Artisan/Stylish)
- Inspired by Sybilla
Bait, by De Rosa
- The alertness that comes from being the prey of a hungry shark is prominent in this creation inspired by Ciro's Childer.
- (Absent Sway - Alert) (Qualities Artisan/Stylish)
- Inspired by James
Ciro Dante De Rosa, Blood-Vintner: In his own words
I would have been the greatest vintner that was ever fostered in Tuscany. I had the raw natural aptitude from an early age, bottling my first red at just 15. My father introduced it so they wouldn't write it off as a child's creation. He wore the fame of its success, and I never trusted him again.
Later in life I had begun to frolic in the rewards of my inspiration with wine. Back then vintners were like royalty and modern celebrities. Invited to the most exclusive social gatherings, we hobnobbed with class, power, beauty, and intrigue.
I met my sire when invited to pair my best with the food of an amazing culinary genius named Antonin. After the praise and pomp was levied for our collaboration, I found myself alone with him. His food inspired my craft and we became fast friends. I think he chose to bring me into the family out of both a desire for company in the darkness, and the inspiration he gleaned from me. It was symbiotic.
Coming to terms with the condition of being kindred proved difficult. Wine simply lost its flavour. I struggled with this till Antonin brought home a friend. Grizelda became my muse and before long Antonin embraced her too.
12 years past before I was considered learned enough to not warrant close scrutiny. Hestia, Antonin's broodmate, had taken me under her wing and taught me medicine. The discovery that I could preserve vitae ignited my passion further and before long I was infusing the life juices of humans with the aromas of flora and the emotions of my absent sway. I was a Vintner again.
Hestia also showed me the way of the warrior. Over the years I found it to be my second passion. With the protection of lineage and sect my muse, crossbows and hand to hand became my second art.
Bloodwine and death; these were my creations. I grew understandably cocky with age. Backing down from a fight wasn't in me and opportunity was abound always for me to show it.
My embrace gave me more than eternal unlife. It gave me purpose. It gave me opportunity. To spend ones existence passionately creating the inspiration for kindred to maintain the illusive strands that hold them to their soul; To be a reminder of why we keep the beast at bay and always remember that without humanity we all turn to ash; that is purpose.
There's something to be said for clear purpose. Some would find it intimidating to make the security of the Camarilla and the souls of the kindred under it their personal responsibility. I am a member of the Davydov lineage, a Toreador of House Thorne, a member of the Guild of the Climbing Rose and a defender of the Ivory Tower. These things don't define me, they are expressions of my identity. I love being me.
Inspiration Behind Ciro
Player: Aaron D.
MES Number: CA2010070104
Location: Vancouver, BC
Always looking for ties!
Wiki is all about sharing user created content to produce the space. Contributions to this page by users is encouraged! Please respect the work that went into getting it where it is today and honour the effort in attention to detail with your own so that this Wiki page can look amazing and be useful for all. If you are concerned that you don't have the skill or the will to learn skill in Wiki-Foo, please email the Aaron D., your submission and he will ensure someone gets your contribution up super fast. Thanks for helping us to keep this page managed effectively.