Malkavian Faction: Hatters
Notable Traits: Never Speaks
Title or Position: Malkavian Steward, Scourge of Seattle
Status: Abiding: Enforcer, Fleeting: Loyal x 2, Favored, Acclaimed x 2
Everything is Black or White
Dieci presents as a youthful, focused and resilient Vampire. She never speaks, but has a very expressive body language that she uses to communicate her thoughts. In the late 1800s she developed a written method of communication that transitioned into flash cards. Dieci sometimes appears to have a very sarcastic sense of humor and can seem very emotionally detached. She almost always sides with whoever pays her more, which, at times, can come off distant and cold. She is a member of the Camarilla, but doesn't seem to have any true political goals other than surviving and acquiring boons. Dieci is always willing to help for a price or a chance at a reward - be it status, public acknowledgment, or the acquirement of more opportunities leading to boons/reward, reputation building, etc.
Perceptions of Dieci differ dramatically since so much of who she is can be inferred by others. Whoever is speaking to or about her gives her voice, personality and purpose - despite whether they are right or wrong.
Dieci is reputed to be a master of Auspex and has interests in the kine underworld.
Roll the Dice
Voices in the Silence
Quotes by or about Dieci
- "..." - Dieci
- "Once one begins to consider it, silence is very often linked to fear. Whether it is caused by the rictus grip of terror or the offer of reverence to a power greater than one's self. Fear and silence are often tied to one another in a fashion that is quite remarkable. One should always be respectful of silence, odds are it exists for a very very good reason." — An observation from Phillip Avery Redgrave
- "I never speak unless I am passionate about the words I form, yet Dieci has taken this discipline a leap further imprisoning all speech, not even liberating a single whisper. Power is found in silence, one that she has a complete mastery of. I have come to admire and respect this creature, and woe to weak who mistake her silence as an invitation for victimization."' — Equinox
- "Words can be twisted into any shape - conforming into the desires of whatever one wishes. She is without them and thus, one can never mold her. I find this more comforting than you could possibly imagine." — Constance Fournier
- "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is madness..." — Pierrot le Fou
- "I've never stood in the presence of more eloquent silence." — Captain Sawyer
- "Eloquence is not limited to speech." — Tamerlane
- "When you know someone well enough, you can share thoughts without words. Dieci demands that you engage her at that level without the familiarity. If you cannot, you get the flashcards." — Guibert Murmure
- "Commonly, silence is seen as a form of shyness. However, it can also exist as a result of significantly focused attention." — Eileen Vargas
- "There is... something about those eyes that is both familiar and unnerving... I can not place it." — Viktor Cantemir
- "The word 'laconic' comes from Lacedaemon, which is to say Sparta. I'll not hear her criticized for it. Nor the mask, which we all wear figuratively and she has the courtesy to put on literally." - Michael Cayhill, Elder of House Constantinian
- "It is golden to be in the presence of such lovely silence." - Alister MacArthur
- "I once found myself following this lovely if mysterious woman in a year-long investigation to hunt down a powerful Sabbat assassin. Be grateful she never speaks, for otherwise she may be tempted to tell the secrets and contents of your mind, all of which are laid bare before her sight." - A. Winchester
- "We all wear one mask or another. With reality being so fickle whats the difference if its real or imagined. This lady truly understands. That is so refreshing." - X
- "I can think of no one I'd rather have helping in an investigation. She says nothing and sees everything."- Charlotte Hammond
- "As someone who is used to those that talk, endlessly talk...I myself admit to falling into that category on occasion...I am at times unsure of how to take the silences. And yet even for the silence I have found her gracious and pleasant. Overall I find her quite an intriguing being."- Mina Chandler
- "I don't mind admitting that she frightens me. She is a boon to the city, and her intellect and insight are great resources. But sometimes I have dreams where her mask slips off, and I realize that it was the only thing protecting us from what lies underneath."- Richard Adams
- "Like god, Dieci is silent on all matters, but idle on none. Marvelous creature, is she not?" - Arden
- "She wears a calaca. Fascinating. Perhaps I should show her an original design." - Matoxtli Pisanob
- "She will eventually find her way to my couch, where she will have much to say." -Edward James Crowe, MD
- "Dieci can command a room with only a single well-placed gesture, laying ruin to those who would try with their thousands and thousands of words. I have always appreciated a good, lingering silence." - Ligeia Loxley
- "So I saw this dame at the Conclave. Passed by her a couple of times and she just kind of watched me. I'll be honest, I thought she was one of them Samedi. But then a good pal told me she was of his blood and I thought nothing more of it. Still, If I had a chance to talk to her sometime again I might." - James Harlan
- "Dieci is breathtakingly beautiful beneath her mask. It is my belief she hides her features so they do not provide her an unfair advantage in the social arena. Those of us not so blessed are grateful." -Nathaniel Rutherford
- "When playing a game, it is wise to know when to press your advantage and when to withdraw. Be aware of the stakes and manage risk." - Cybele Malveaux
- Dieci can actually speak, she is merely trying to manipulate others into spilling their secrets.
- Dieci has never EVER mentioned her sire.
- Dieci was hired by Constance Fournier because losing her messenger pigeons was getting far too expensive far too quickly
Player: Kerry B.
MES Number: US2002023647
Location: Seattle, WA