Pissing on the Wrong Monster
Dresden was content to remain blissfully unaware of the Truth and its destructive goals. He knew of the Church of the Ultimate Truth, but had decided that it was simply just another mortal institution trying to find suckers to squeeze out a dime from.
Enter 2012, the year that changed everything. The grove of land that Dresden had taken to calling his own was ruefully defiled by bizarrely warped man. Taking it as a personal slight, Dresden tailed the man to his home, breaking in and waiting for him to go to sleep. Following the defiler's going to sleep, Dresden slunk silently into the room and took the Plunge into the seemingly warped man's head, intending to work up one hell of a nightmare for him.
Instead, Dresden found himself wandering around the mind of a Servant of the Truth. He was still wandering around the dreams of the Truth when the Servant's door was kicked in; Dresden had not been the only one to track down the Servant that evening, a Krewe of Geists operating as part of The Solidarity of All Accord Cell came in firing. Dresden immediately exploded into a pile of autumn leaves, as he was yanked out of the Servant's dreams in the hail of gun fire.
Following the assassination of the Servant, Dresden had a lot to explain, as did the Cell operatives. Wise to the nature of the Truth, Dresden enlisted into the Accord.
To be clear, Dresden believes in the mission of the Accord. His Durance in Arcadia left him with an extreme distaste with godly beings bent on using the world as their plaything, be they True Fae or the entity known as The Truth. He generally dislikes Mages for much the same reason, that and their fascination with Arcadia. However, he has severe trust issues with other Accord members, even some in his own Cell. He is convinced that the Humans and Mages would love nothing more than to run shady Nazi-like tests on them once this foe is finally crushed.
If his paranoia weren't enough to keep people from getting close, Dresden's a bit of a dick. He cusses a lot, makes inappropriate gestures or jokes and has a long memory for slights.
Comrades in Arms
- scratch that... she's fucking retarded!
- Fie: I cannot pretend to understand the world of technology that she and Simon live in, but there is a fire for living present in the pair brighter than the most hedonistic Spring Courtier, but with a real intelligence the average Verdant lacks.
- Leon Hardy: A noob Spring, but he's got heart.
- Rosemary Weald: ... not that she likes him that much...
- Deamon: Not all there, mentally, but a masterful commander. He knows my secrets, so he has my loyalty. Maybe I can fix his psychoses.
- Kaze: Not sure exactly what Kaze is, but he is truly a mighty warrior.
- Doc Lupei: About as close as I come to liking a Mage, even if she can get testy.
Nightmares for Another Night
- Howls-with-Mirth: Deserves a coffin and a powerful tranquilizer some night in the future... because it'd be a challenge...