"Do I speak for Baton Rouge?
I am Baton Rouge."
==Gabriel Tavaasche of Clan Tremere==
Tavaasche is Gone. Orelio Taipetra has returned
Clan Tremere. Name is irrelevant Believed to be Celestyn
One arm visible, a near-constant smile, and glowing eyes usually shielded behind shades We'll find out, won't we
- Loyal by word of Tremere Clanhead Midas_Madison
- Loyal by word of the Harpy of Houston, TX Isaiah_Johnson
- Favored by word of Elder Dravon Von Jaeger
- Courteous by word of Prince Dravon Von Jaeger of New Orleans
- Acclaimed by word of Primogen Felix Moore, of New Orleans
None publicly known, though he has established a reputation as a guide for the younger Kindred on Courtly behavior, often taken direct mentorship. Family is of the utmost importance. Blood, skin, breath, will....these are things a family shares in both the physical manner as well as the metaphorical one. You are either a part of something great, or you are nothing.
Information Known by Kindred Society
Gabriel made himself known in France, centuries ago, along with other Tremere, however his own skills were less with the arcane field and more in the presence and power one uses amongst a Court to become successful. Prior to that, it's assumed he was another young Tremere undergoing the usual training.
In the early 1800s, Tavaasche traveled to America, moving from Court to Court along the east coast, working with local Tremere and aiding the reputation of the Clan on local scales. "The Tower must always be aware, and constantly reminded, as to why ours is a paramount role.
Relocated to Baton Rouge in the 1930s, Gabriel maintained the same approach to the Courts, that is, until the Camarilla failed him and his Clan was forced to lock their doors while Baton Rouge went through various changes of authority.
By 1993, he'd had enough. Gabriel sent a call through various channels, all across the country, inviting Elders who sought a piece of the prize and younger Kindred who wanted glory and fame in the fight for the Tower. The siege of Baton Rouge lasted less than a year and as the dust settled, Gabriel Tavaasche had claimed Praxis.
Then, on an evening like any other, in the Domain of New Orleans, 2013, Gabriel was taken in for questioning by two Thought Police. During said interrogation, a scream, primal and bloodcurdling, was heard from that side-room. Those two Thought Police members emerged, their faces alabaster, and behind them came what appeared to be Gabriel Tavaasche, Prince of Baton Rouge....but something was different. No more the brooding, darkly clothed, one-armed Tremere Elder.
What came out, with a metallic garb on one hand and a predatory smirk, was Orelio Taipetra.....his centuries-old amnesia removed. All memories, old and new, now blended together in the restored persona that was buried under layers of psychological adjustments.
- Just as the Siege ends, some Elder Malkavian woman got into an argument with Prince Tavaasche and ended up slapping him in the face. No one knows why or how she survived striking him.
- Tavaasche only has one arm! The other has been replaced with some kind of Thaumaturgical super weapon.
- Tavaasche is actually a member of clan Malkavian.
- Tavaasche was a creation of the Tremere, and they're very annoyed that his true self has returned.
- Taipetra was a creation by his Sister as part of a long-time rivalry against the Tremere, and Tavaasche was his true self.
- Tavaasche's persona was a ruse by Taipetra, or is it the other way around?
- There are a number of Elders who want him back the way he was
- Took part in the Widow's War, but is not acknowledging the prestation of reputation that was given by the Praxis of Cleveland. Nor has he currently sought the varied alternatives offered by others.
- With his Sister gone, he has grown far more distant, cold, and ruthless in his treatment of enemies to his Domain, while remaining gracious to those still in service.
- Having survived the Waco Infernalism Purge, including killing the Rogue Infernal (Former Houston Seneschal) Meir, he smirks at each mention of Infernalism by others....as if they knew what it was that plagued these nights.
- He is playing each and every Prince he can against eachother, in the designs of an Empire
- He is pretending to play every Prince he can to maintain a ruse of ambition, because deep down he truly doesn't care about any other Domain, but his own.
- Neither....he is biding his time to destroy everything and everyone that ever stood against him. With her gone, he has nothing left to lose.
- "His obnoxious pink car is revolting but don't tell him he's rather fond of it".
- "Thaumaturgy? He's never been seen using it. Is he really a Tremere?"
- "Oh, yes! I know this part! This is where you try to be enduring and interesting by telling me your life's story in the hopes that I'll say nice things about you so your fame amongst our Illustrious society will grow without you actually doing a single thing! Register with your harpy the boon you now owe me for wasting these last few minutes of my time.....then discover somewhere else." - Prince Tavaasche, after some random Kindred approaches and begins talking about themselves for the nth time.
- "How do I know when someone wants attention, but has no idea on what to speak to me about? They ask about my name...and then mispronounce it. An odd and amusing benefit, considering the circumstances"
- "I am not the typical Tremere, cloistered away in some dark library or laboratory, studying new ways to re-invent the world through mysticism. My clanmates who do such things have their uses and merits, for certain...but that is simply not my way"
- "Rarely is such capable leadership found outside of the Clan of Kings. I am proud to count Prince Tavaasche as my oldest and dearest friend." - Benjamin Sharp
- "It is rare that we all agree. But, he has been a tutor for Dr. Levy, a strong hand for Mister Grimes, a handler for Nun Nun, a keen eye on Thibadeax, and the closest thing to a friend I have had in many centuries. I have complete faith that Baton Rouge is in good hands with Prince Gabriel Tavaasche." - Lysander Kriti
- "He is what I have come to expect from a Camarilla Prince." - Peter Legba
- "Competence is a respectable thing." - Pietro Giovanni
- "Whatever his motives, he's made Baton Rouge available for business. That's all that really concerns me." - Carmina Giovanni
- "When I first met Prince Tavaasche he was visiting my city of Houston. He came without an entourage, and conducted himself quietly, professionally, and with little fan-fair or shows force. This shows a man of true patience and lethal focus. I suspect that he is not only playing twenty moves ahead, but also, that he is playing an entirely different game than the rest of us." - Einhardt Wagner
- "There's no doubt in my mind that he is more than capable as a leader. So I wonder, what else does he do? I do indeed intend to find out!" - Nenette
- "A gentleman and a scholar... and need I forget; a Prince." - Elena Hellenbach
- "My Grandfather had a saying he would say 'as I grow older, I pay less attention to what people say. I just watch what they do.' Prince Tavaasche is able to exude more power and more authority by sitting silently in a chair than most other kindred who have to stand and shout to show the power they have.-Joseph Phibbs
- "Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock. Time passes slowly, and then the glass breaks and all the sand flows out all at once. Much like a dam when the waters gather behind the walls, and the smallest fracture appears."- Orelia Taipetra
- "No, Prince Tavaasche is not my childe, although he is one I would gladly claim." - Zahra Blanc
- "I would really not recommend you bother him right now, he's very busy and has no tolerance for his time being wasted. You are free to ignore me, however. This? This is just some popcorn, but do go right ahead with whatever you were going to do." - Maria Aigner
- "There's an old saying, you know, about quiet men..." - Carmina Giovanni
- "If you treat him with the respect one of his position and generation is due and do not waste his valuable time, then Prince Tavaasche can be quite pleasant. If you disrespect him or waste his time, ha ha, well then, then you will know what it's like to cross an accomplished Elder Prince." - Robert Middleton
- "I had the pleasure of getting to speak with him recently. He is quite a gentleman, and I very much look forward to visiting his domain in the future." - Julia Hamby
- "Raccontarvi qualcosa di Principe Taipetra ? Ammetto che voglio giocare a scacchi con il Vecchio Eccelso . Così tanti che giocano pensano solo tre mosse avanti , credo che sarebbe già giocare la prossima partita. " Prince Joseph Phibbs of the Mississippi Gulf Coast
- "I'm quite fond of my great-uncle, if he can be called such. I see the joy that he brings my grandsire, Orelia, and that is enough for me to count him as good as blood. I was overjoyed to see his... return." -Edward James Crowe, MD
- "Yet another man that reminds me why I am so fond of Tremere..." -Orenna Komnenos
- "Who? Ah yes my sisters little pet. I suppose we are all prone to needing distractions over the long nights. A Tremere though; no accounting for taste." - Dr. Daniel Thornvick
- "Dude, he gave me a F*ckin house." - Rosko
- "He has my loyalty, my respect, my trust, and my love. This bond is one I share with few." - Nova
- Dark Horse - Katy Perry
- Came back Haunted - Nine Inch Nails
Barrel of a Gun - Depeche Mode
- You Walk Away - Blutengel
The Meddler - Chevelle
- The Bird and the Worm - The Used
- The Beginning is The End is The Beginning - Smashing Pumpkins
- Running up That Hill - Placebo
Welcome ties of all types!
- Except those of a romantic/sexual (past/present/future) nature.
- No backdating Embraces
- Will discuss the possibility of mortal ties who are/were ghouled/embraced (Children, grandchildren, etc.)