From Mind's Eye Society Wiki
Things of Notice
Name: Helena Martell
Embraced: 1400's - Present Rumored
The Red Peacock
The Red Queen
Prince of San Francisco, CA
Minister of Visions
Thought Police- Helena has many, many allies and associates among the Thought Police, but has declined their invitation to join the faction many times over. She is often seen conversing privately with the Leader of the Thought Police often.
Hatters- She cannot stand most Hatters. They usually set her teeth on edge.
Seers- Helena rarely speaks about such things, but she is the Oracle and leader of the Seer Faction; The Minister of Visions. The nature of leadership of seers is a tricky matter; but none have challenged her position or her place at the head of all the Malkavian Visionaries
'The Consort Prince'
Helena is a woman of both alluring and almost foreign looking beauty of possibly mid 20’s age. It’s hard to tell her ancestry; her golden/olive complexion lending itself to a multitude of different ethnicities. Her features are surprisingly soft and her smile is usually warm or occasionally playful. Her face is accentuated by exotic makeup, kohl lined eyes and soft red lips and at times unique almost tribal ‘dotting’ around her brows or a bindi upon her forehead. Her perfume is a blended mixture of Argan, Myrrh and possibly Jasmine.
Her clothes of choice are a blend of modern and… old. A black blouse and long flourished black skirt. A beautifully embroidered Crimson Ghawazee coat, that gives hints to her possible Turkish or middle east ancestry. On occasion henna patterns of swirls and whorls and mandalas on her palms, or dancing up her wrists and higher. An ‘Eye’ being a central icon of the markings. Wrists are often adorned with a multitude of bangles and there are rings upon her long, deft fingers.
She always, always has some sort of flower in her hair.
- To Be Determined
- To Be Determined
Did you hear....?
* "Helena fights with Rukh like they were siblings, not Sire and Childer."
- "Are they even Sire and Childe?"
- "No one knows where she originally comes from, just that through out history she just seemed to pop up at noteworthy events."
- "She is not a fan of unannounced guests. One time a kindred showed up to her haven without warning. They left shaken, babbling about blood rituals and sacrifices."
- "Her hatred for the Hatters is a ruse, she's actually a member."
- "She has a strange obsession with the Ocean."
- "She is afraid of spiders, scorpions, octopuses, and the number 8"
- "She's the "red herring" of her lineage."
- "......... that descends from the current Malkavian Justicar."
- "She used to be the beloved and treasured ghoul of a very famous Toreador. "
- "She used to be a slave to a king."
- "She once had a pet gorilla named Eight"
- "She will have sex with anyone for a major boon. Seriously."
- "No she won't. Idiot. She uses an inverse sliding scale in proportion to your standing in the Camarilla. If you are a neonate, the panties don't drop until you start talking blood boons."
- "Don't fall for her act, she seems calm and polite but if you ever push her, she will slaughter you before anyone knows you're missing. This means you will join the other souls fighting for control of her."
- "Certain primogen in San Francisco claimed to chafe under Occam's oppression, so they tossed him out at a time when he had no one to defend him and put Helena Martell in his place. Hilariously enough, she is far stricter than Occam could ever be. Suckers."
Friends, Lovers, Rivals and Enemies
- "It is good that you recognized the inherent duality of the kindred condition...that those you let know you are equally positioned to give you a hand up or kick you when you're down" Reynard Argent
- "Within Clan Malkavian, she is voice of reason and loyalty to the tower. I count her among those who understand the most urgent desires of our clan." - Chandra de Soissones
- "She has always been the perfect lady and performed her duties well. She is as capable as she is beautiful and the city of San Francisco misses her dearly." - Zachariah White
- "Most will be incomprehensible to the truth of Helena, even our own ilk. Her real beauty is in function, and in her core that has never changed, but her patrons have absolutely been too dull to divine what she was really doing for them, to them. I am delighted by the willful ignorance of others in this instance, but then, I am selfish." - Arden
- "She seems reserved, but a reserve born from political savvy and patience. Underneath the veil of courtesy and society, I feel the eyes of a keen, observant mind making notes on all around her." - Viktor Cantemir
- "Do me a favor and zip it. Zip your lips. I'm not writing your biography, motherfucker. Jesus. 'Lena over there? In all the years I've known her, she's said exactly zilch about herself. Still more interesting than most Kindred I know put together, starting with you." - Occam
- "I chose Helena as my Seneschal for a reason. Not because she was the last one standing. If I didn't think she could do the task, I had my brother right there and willing to step into the role. You would do well to think on that." Prince Nicholas Loring
- "Helena is the only one in a room full of predators to notice that I was about to kill them all. She talked me down. Lucky for that room of predators." David Heath
- "One must be careful when selecting their childer. Choose a successor you will be succeeded. If they are hungrier than you, you will be devoured. If they are quicker, you will not dodge the blade at your back. If they are more patient, you will not block the blade at your throat - more devious, and you will hold the blade that kills you, more clever and you will never know your end... I am still here." - Aleistor Rukh
- "There is something that I can identify with her, something which transcends the mundanity of common existence, if there ever were someone with a glance, or a gesture that could part the veils, it would be Ms. Martell." Solomon St. John
- "Prince Martell has insightful eyes and quite a lovely back as well. She can stop a meeting with a single utterance." Cybele Malveaux
- "Actually, Diamonds are not rare at all. DeBeers had a monopoly on the mines, driving up their price, as well as good marketing to make sure that these stones were the standard of all engagement and marriage rings. If you want to see something truly rare and inspiring, you should meet Prince Helena Martell. Where as I wear flowers in my hair to distract from my appearance, the flowers she wears enhances her beauty. But it is more than appearance, she emanates a strength that compressed carbon cannot match." Danielle Ropchan
- "She is one who has been kind to me, in the past, telling me of the pitfalls that waited as I trod my path as the Fool. She saw my card clearly writ in the chaos of the world, and though as Cassandra she was not heeded, she did not desert me but stayed to lift me up when I fell down after I paid her no mind." - Matthieu Charpentier
- "If that slip of a thing somehow foolishly chooses to enter my Domain her inert form (perhaps cased in cement) will decorate my halls for perhaps no less than 6 months to serve as lesson to all who open their mouths so brashly and without wisdom." - Martell herself, speaking on the subject of fools.
- "Her Highness is a capable ruler, no doubt. She provides a graceful and gracious structure to the organization of the city that I admire and enjoy. I only wish she had come to power under different circumstances. Still, I do my best to fill her nights with mirth, as dealing with the rest of these fuckers can get downright depressing." - Scarlett Thorne
- "Prince Helena doesn't seem to enjoy performances. I cannot recall a single performance that she actually attended all the way through. I blame her staff." - Clara Azure
- "The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us."- Paul Valery
- "We are the eternal children of Nyx. We are called Arai in our homes beneath the earth."-Aeschylus, Eumenides
- “No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.” ― Aristotle
- “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
- "All living things contain a measure of madness that moves them in strange, sometimes inexplicable ways. This madness can be saving; it is part and parcel of the ability to adapt. Without it, no species would survive.” ― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
- “It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed” ― Thomas Moore
- “Dispute not with her: she is lunatic.” ― William Shakespeare, Richard III
- Chiyo Sakamoto - Memoirs of a Geisha
- Margaretha Geertruida Zelle - Mata Hari
- Pythia - Oracle at Delphi