Jake ‘Takes-the-High-Ground’ Whitewater
I will stand. I will fight. I will not bend. I refuse to break.
Concept: Rise Above Hate/Leader who was once Outcast
Full Name: Jacob White Water River Thick with Ice and Snow
Common Name: Jacob "Jake" Whitewater
Deed Name: ‘Takes-the-High-Ground’
Auspice: Warrior/Ahroun (Full Moon)
- Glory = 10
- Honor = 11
- Wisdom = 5
Camp: Sacred Hoop
Pack: Alpha of Winter Vigil dedicated to Thunderbird (Approval #USA-NW-WA-1312-012229)
Sept: Sept of the Dancing Tides
Sept Position: Sept Leader
Apparent Age: 29
Timeline: Open for Review
Place of Birth: Everett, WA
Date of Birth: July 7th, 1983
Nationality: Half African-American and Half Skokomish Native American
Notable Traits: Pure Breed x4, Tribal Police Officer, Scarred right cheek
Homid Physical Description: Jake is a tall solidly built man with the dark skin of his African heritage but the sharp features and cheekbones of his Native American blood. Topping 6' 3" and weighing in at 220 lbs, he tends to go with a neatly trimmed beard and goatee and a shaved head.
Attire: Brown leather trail hat, faded blue jeans and vest, flannel shirt, tall hiking boots.
Crinos Physical Description: In the war form Jake stands 12’ tall and weighs about 1600 lbs. His fur shows numerous small scars and wounds but it remains a healthy gray white.
Lupus Physical Description: He stands 27” at the shoulder. The total length is 50” including the tail of 14”. The body weight 63 pounds. His coat is long and soft; mostly dark and light grays on the upper part of the body with white along the legs and stomach. His muzzle is blunt and wide; built thick and lean for climbing and scrambling rather than running.
Known to the Nation
Pack - "Winter Vigil"
- Jacob “Takes-the-High-Ground” Whitewater, Athro Homid Wendigo Ahroun - Pack Alpha
- Caoimhe “Spine-of-Iron” O'Brien, Fostern Homid Fianna Galliard - Pack Beta
- Howls With Fire, Fostern Lupus Red Talon Galliard
- Quentin “Cracks-the-Mask”, Fostern Metis Wendigo Ragabash
- Jake is the one of the last descendants of a long and established line of Wendigo Garou.
- Jake is a young and focused member of the Wendigo, many outside the Tribe see potential in him to be a leader.
- Those who have observed Jake with other Wendigo seem to detect a tension at best, friction at worst.
- Jake's father was kicked out of the Tribe for committing some grevious Tribal sin.
- As a new Adren of the Nation, he seems fairly focused on making a name for himself.
- Jake is feuding with a large number of Wendigo in the Pacific Northwest.
- Jake was a Lost Cub that was found and claimed by Wendigo during a rite of passage far from the Wendigo Lands.
- Jake was actually born from a line of Black Fury kin, some say he is one of those "male" Black Furies that are not allowed into the Tribe.
- Desires to learn all he can about the culture of the People of the Pure Lands. Unless you're Fera.
- Jake has been working for the last few years to rediscover (some say "create") a Pure Tribes centric "school" of Klaive Dueling.
- Jake is one of those responsible for the slow restoration of the bond between Great Thunderbird and Wendigo.
- "It is no secret that I have found little of value among the Wendigo. Most in my tribe would agree. Among the Fenrir there are three traits that are most important in a good warrior: "Strength, Honor, and a Bard's tongue." Takes-the-high-ground-yuf possesses these things in abundance. Despite already achieving more than most will ever achieve, he continues to strive to be greater, each day. He does this not for himself, but for the Glory of Gaia. It is a good lesson to me and my tribe, that among those for whom we have little but harsh words, there is one who is to be admired and called brother." — Reborn in Fire
- "Jake has been there since I was a little girl. He's been my brother, my best friend, and my Mentor. He put me through my Right of Passage, and he has always been there for me. I love him as deeply as I love my brothers." - Gaia's Messenger
- "Seriously~ this guy is like the biggest downer. I try to be friendly but he's too busy being a douchebag to notice. I mean WHO CARES what people a hundred years ago did! Its not my fault that my great great great great Uncle killed his great great great great Uncle... so whatever. He needs to get over it already!" — Caoimhe O'Brien
- "He gots a warrior's mind, an' a warrior's will. Good t'ing he gots a heart of Gaia's grace, or I t'ink he'd cover de mountains in blood." — Bayou
- "Jacob was around more often than I was for my siblings, giving them the love that I wasn't able to, for fear of bringing hunters down upon them. He has had a rocky road, but I think that Rainsinger has helped him temper it with wisdom and to learn to walk it with more grace than many of his peers. His songs are the sort that I tell to our young to help guide our Nation into a future where tradition matters, but won't bind us beyond action. That is the core of Jacob, to me. He embraces what he is without abandon, and understands the road he has walked, but never surrenders the higher ground he desires to continue treading." - Wisdom of Babel
- "When you study a reflection, you note that while you are present everything is opposite. When I sit in reflection with Takes-the-High-Ground I see myself, but opposite. He is my brother, we do not fight over our differences, we honor them." — Storm's Cold Fury
- "Yeah, met the guy a couple of times. He's interesting, and I loooove interesting. Little Brother's got an odd duck in that one. Not that I'm one to talk. Though it does give me hope and heart to see one of Little Brother's hearts not eaten up with hate. Who knows what kind of secrets he hides behind that helpful demeanor?" - Plays With Fire
- "Where I so often find irrationality and incompetence, Takes-the-High-Ground showed me surety, a cool head, and a dedication to getting things done. Oh yeah, Team Not-an-Idiot has a valuable player in him." — Laughs Last
- "I respect him, but I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm an idiot. A natural leader, but maybe ... not a natural listener, if you aren't a purelander. Far be it from me to judge someone for being prejudiced, since lots of people attribute to prejudice what is just common sense. The sept is lucky to have him, and he's the kind of person stepping into the fray and taking charge and generally doing the right thing, so who am I to think he needs much advice, right?" — Rozalija Halytsky
- "He and I met when we were in the same place. Not, not in the obvious way, that we were standing near one another. In the grander way. The more important way. I don't know what Jake took away from the time that we spent together figuring out ourselves and each other, but he helped me to remember that reputation is a nice result of proving what you're capable of. It's not a measure of it, not really. Despite that, I'm glad to see that his reputation has caught up finally." — Tiercel Twice-Sworn
- "Takes the High Ground Rhya is my Sept Alpha and I'm damn lucky for it. He is a true leader. He leads from the front and listens to his troops. He trusts all the Auspices to do there jobs. Who could ask for more." — Jasper "Scorched Silver" Rathbone
- "Met this one down near Loanoke before that raid in Arkansas. I mean hot damn, reckon we finally got one of them red skins that ain't always chugging fire water. Son-uva-bitch is damn polite too. Too damn polite. Too damn sober too. But guess I can't complain. Better to hear him thanking folks for hospitality than whooping around and bitching about how my great grandpa sold his great grandpa fever blankets." — Declan Brennan
- "When Jacob and I first met each other, it was hard to know what to expect. We have both grown up hearing and seeing what our Tribe's have said about the other and how that division;That misinformation has effected the Nation. I believe we walk such similar paths, that they almost mirror one another. I like to think that we are able to recognize the same beliefs, the same driving force in one another that the division between us is not so far spanning as once thought. He is a garou I respect deeply and who's council I wish I could have more of." — Sabine Silver Swift
- "Never expected a Wendigo Ahroun to become a scholar or an Elder Statesmen. The astrology matches, but...with him and a few others, we know where our new elders will come from. That he looks to me even a little at times....Is honor beyond words. Turtle would be proud to call him Younger Brother." - Nantan Shadow-Seeker
- "He talks a lot. Like...a lot. I think that's the wise man in him. If you can get through the length, close your eyes and let the spirits play it out for you, his words carry incredible wisdom and insight. But, man, he talks a lot." - Returns the Faith
John Morgan - A Man Called Horse
Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens - Justified
Huey Freeman - The Boondocks
Ray Levoi - Thunderheart
Christopher "Chris" Vaughn, Jr - Walking Tall
American Indian Movement
Huey P. Newton
- “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” - Elbert Hubbard
- “Try to be like the turtle — at ease in your own shell.” — Bill Copeland
- "Only the dead have seen the end of the war." — George Santayana
- "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome." — Michael Jordan
- “There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you." Now... I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking: maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here... he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.” — Jules Winnfield
- "When the blood in your veins returns to the sea...and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, Perhaps then you will remember that the land does not belong to you, it is you who belong to this land." — Chief Seattle
Change Gone Come - Sam Cooke
A Boy named Sue - Johnny Cash
Woke Up This Morning - Alabama 3
Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Sail - AWOLNATION
Ain't No Grave (Gonna Hold This Body Down) - Johnny Cash
Redemption Song - Bob Marley & The Wailers