Shadow Name: John Capital
Sleeper Alias: John Capital
Order: Silver Ladder
Faction: The Powerbrokers
Legacy: Sisterhood of the Blessed
Concept: Billionaire Playboy Patron
- Born July 7, 1957 to an old money Boston Silver Ladder family with the Hebrew name, Herschel Goldstein. Officially named John Capital according to public birth records.
- 1971-1975 Attended St. John’s Prep School in Danvers, MA.
- 1975-1981 Accepted to Harvard Institute of Economics with an undergraduate concentration in Finance and Macroeconomics, finished graduate school with an MBA.
- 1981-1983 Internship at Goldman Sachs.
- 1983-1989 Started at the bottom in family business at Capital Bank, NA in New York City, NY.
- 1989-1993 Returned to Harvard Business School to teach Graduate-level Economics.
- 1998-2000 Promoted to Executive Vice President of Investments at Capital Bank, NA
- 2001-2011 Orchestrated mergers with various insurance, investment bank and finance companies. Penned opinion pieces for Forbes, The Economist and The Wall Street Journal.
- January, 2008- Elected Chairman and CEO of Capital Bank NA (now Capital Financial). Former CEO ousted due to unsound and potentially unethical business practices and decisions, putting bank stability at great risk. John puts forward new vision of innovative procedural methods coupled with conservative financial decisions.
- September 2008-Global Financial Crisis/”Great Recession”- Attended series of meetings with the Fed Chairman at the New York Federal Reserve along with the heads of the other major banks in negotiations over bank bailouts and buyouts.
- 2009- Pens “The Magic of Money- How Ethical Capital Can Move Everyone Forward”, featuring his theory of the 11th Arcana in a watered-down, Sleeper-safe context.
- 2010- Moves corporate headquarters to Ankeny Iowa (literally for insurance reasons), nicknamed “The Wizard of Iowa” in a Forbes review of the 2nd Edition of “The Magic of Money”. The nickname has stuck ever since, the irony is not lost on John.
- 1989-1993- Married to Delilah Beaumont for the express purpose of furthering the family line. Delilah and John signed a Fate-bound prenup detailing a deal for marriage until conception in exchange for mentorship in The Sisterhood of the Blessed.
- Tony Stark without Iron Man
- Bruce Wayne without Batman
- Warren Buffett
- The HBO Film, Too Big To Fail
- The 1987 film, Wall Street
- Mentor into The Sisterhood of the Blessed
- Former business associates
- A (non-physical PvP) antagonistic relationship with someone in the Guardians Of The Veil
- John is secretly a member of the Illuminati and bent on world domination.
- John manipulates the global economy with Time and Fate.
- John secretly orchestrated the 2008 Global Financial Crisis.
- "I dunno...he be a fan o'sword and sorcery. We talkin' 'bout de deeper meanings and symbolism too my work. I try to talk 'em down in what he offah's me for things...way ovah' pays but he insists my work be worth what he pay". - Bodhi Vajra-Kai
- "Dear, sweet man. Quite surprising his parents cared less about his sexual proclivity, and more about having children. Our marriage was a business transaction, and finding a Life mage to repair the damage to my body after our child was born was rather unexpected of him. I will always be fond of him as my first husband. " Delilah Beaumont
- "I am entirely unsure how I feel about John...he's pushy, and I don't like that. He's sparks like one of ours, but he's not. But he and Neal are friends so I can play nice. But I'm going to leave his 'let me help you' attitude to Jacob." - Belladonna
- "Sometimes I wish he would look a little higher, open his eyes a little wider. Still, he provides me a good sounding board and our conflicts are often no more than trivialities while our alliances go deeper than many might suspect." - Pluto
- "Uncle John has been one of the best father figures I could have. He did a lot to save me growing up and its a debt I could never repay." - Lana Volkov
Player Name Josh Zander
MES Number US2004092156
Location Ankeny, IA
Venue Signum Lucidium