Beati Qui Durant.
Blessed Are Those Who Endure.
- Former Prince of Atlanta.
- Still very proud of his Swedish heritage.
- Surprisingly social and good-humored for a Ventrue elder, although prone to bursts of anger.
House: House Oviedo
Social Class: Elder
Position: Praetor of Atlanta (Ventrue Knowledge Only); Prince Emeritus of Atlanta
Dignitas: (Pending rules revision)
High-level concept: “Elder advisor.” He is a mentor to various Kindred, especially over the past few decades.
RP Role: Advisor, educator, diplomat, judge. The Elder that seems very polite and social, until you cross him. He considers Kindred worth of his attention to be part of his larger “tribe,” although he won’t use such an uncivilized term.
The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.
- Born 1640 as a minor noble of the House of Vasa.
- 1661: Ghouled by Althea Bell-Hammon to be her manservant. They travel around the world for twenty years -- Kristian acting as chaperone and the “man” in society to preserve the Masquerade, while she was his guide in Kindred circles. They would often swap roles as “translator,” the other playing the part of the foreigner.
- 1671: He asks to be Embraced on the tenth anniversary of his ghouling. Althea agrees, because she wants a peer, and she wants to maximize the asset that he is.
- 1681: He returns to Sweden.
- 1691: Works his way back into the court of Sweden, acting as an advisor to various minor nobles.
- 1723: His reputation ruined, Kristian leaves Sweden.
- 1770: Embraces Nicola Maria Antionetta Adorno.
- 1900: Looking for something new to do with his existence, he moves to Atlanta.
- 1910: He becomes Prince of Atlanta.
- 1952: He abdicates in favor of Mathias Kessel, a Brujah. Rumor is that this was due to a boon.
- 1989: Embraces Caralyn Butcher.
- 2013: Nicola Adorno becomes Prince of Atlanta.
- 2014: Nicola Adorno is outsted from Prince by a Brujah. Rumor is that this was due to boons.
- "I am his necessary evil. He is my necessary compromise. We--along with an unwavering Praxis--are why Atlanta thrives." - Benjamin Baker Chapel
- "There is the aristocracy of the blood, and nobility of the soul. Within Mr. Vasa, they exist as two sides to the same coin." - Orenna Komnenos
- "War's a game, which, were their subject's wise, Kings would not play at." - Constance Fournier
- "He is a gentleman of sanguine disposition. One may find Kristian as assured, secure, and spirited, or as if possessed by a bloody, crimson demon. Laugh while you may and confide in him, but protect yourself from the storm." - Adeline Bellamy
- "An efficient sort. While he ruled Atlanta, there was peace. Afterward, not so much..." - Lochlann MacAllan
- "There is no finer Kindred to have at your side, not in times of war nor in times of peace." - Roane
- "Kristian and I have our differences, but I adore him. Truly and absolutely. Perhaps it is because I know he shall never be false to me. He will never hide his feelings to spare mine, even if he is cross--especially if he is cross." - Desdemona Gonzaga
- "Hans Majestät Konungens skål - you are both the the fox and the lion as Machiavelli advised a good Prince to be. 'A fox to discover the snares and a lion to terrify the wolves.' May you and your line rule in peace for another hundred years!" - Oliver Mayne toasting Prince Kristian on the 20th Anniversary of his Praxis in Atlanta, 1930.
- "Kristian, my darling Kristian...I adore him. He's my savior, truly. A delightful enemy, but I like him better as a friend." - Viveka Josephina Von Daun
- "One cannot have so long and successful a business partnership as ours without developing great affection for one another. I could ask for no one better as a backer and patron for he is ruthless in business yet genteel in demeanor. This duality carves out a clear way forward without gouging and causing harm." - Vincenza Longhena
- "Of all of the praxis holders I have seen come and go within this city I helped found, I truly felt that Elder Vasa truly held the good of the city at the forefront of his reign. I was saddened when he relinquished his throne. I have every confidence that his childe will be as truly a remarkable leader as he was." - Adalina Marchand Durante
- "That scheming back biting bastard. A right paragon of his clan, he is." - Hawthorne
- "He is not passionate as he once was but I still respect him and would always listen to his advice." - Jeremiah Jackson
- "Elder Vasa reminds us all of our younger years. We each had that individual who would have a kind guiding hand, while ever present of what his own presence means to those of younger social classes. Those of Atlanta would do well to listen to his wise words, lest they incur the wrath of his action." - Maxwell Jacobs
- "Skål och tack för vår ärade kung." - Dorian Burroughs said (though poorly pronounced) upon the announcement of his release from his sire in 1911.
- "Elder Kristian has been very understanding and concerned over certain situations in my past. That said, the man could miss an 'I need to talk to you' cue by a mile if he's deeply into a conversation. This can make getting his attention...a challenge, at times." - Henry Fuller
- Despite appearances Desdemona and Kristian are the very definition of frenemies, with a feud that stretches back centuries.
- Kristian is still horribly in love with a man that broke his heart.
- He is very polite and civil, masking a dark heart with almost no Humanity left.