|Player:||GL ARST Masq CAI|
|Storyteller:||GL ARST Masq CAI|
- Unico Sangue
Information Known by Kindred Society
The information below is reasonably available to characters of the Masquerade Camarilla/Anarch/Independents continuity. Some subsections are marked as available knowledge only for certain groups of characters, and thus would not be known by every character.
Known by Kindred Society At Large
Maximiliano is an elder of his clan. Although he is known to have been active in Venice before coming to the New World in the late 1900s, he really came into prominence in 1967 when declared praxis of Detroit for the Clan Giovanni. The Camarilla has never recovered from that loss. Even now, almost 50 years later, and the Camarilla and Anarch holdings of the inner Great Lakes (Mt. Pleasant, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Green Bay) suffer from the choke-hold that Maximiliano's regime holds over the waterway from Lake Erie to Lake Huron.
As one of extremely few non-Camarilla princes to hold a city of such size since the founding of the Camarilla, he is a controversial figure, and especially hated by the Camarilla of the Lakes-Mississippi Heartland. In the present, he is known to command absolute loyalty from the dozens of Giovanni who now control Detroit to the exclusion of all other clans.
Known by the Harpies & the Contabile
The Winged Lion is a quiet man in his dealings and a charismatic, respectable host to his guests. Interestingly, he is generally a private man, coming out when a leader is needed, but otherwise engaged with his own business: a role model for others of the Famiglia. It is his keen perspective on all the business of the Famiglia, here and on the other side, that makes him such a capable and visionary leader. Many are the prestations which he owes and is owed by others, which says something about his business activities.
Known by the Clan Giovanni
As a leader, Maximiliano Giovanni has transformed the political landscape of North America, and, arguably, of the world. His leadership of the Famiglia in Detroit started in the 1920s. Through his perspective on long-term planning, he managed to prepare Detroit and the Famiglia to be ready for the Brujah regime of Detroit to drop an entire metropolitan area in our lap. When the dust settled after the race riots of 1967, there was no doubt that he should be the sovereign ruler of the Famiglia in their new territory carved out of the industrial heart of the Camarilla's Lakes-Mississippi Heartland. Now that the city has been held for nearly five decades, he has also overseen the negotiation and development of a new era of relations with the most powerful among Detroit's restless dead, which makes Detroit comparable to Venice in terms of security, if not more secure than Venice, which has always been shared with the other clans.
Note: Those looking for a lineage for their PC or NPC may speak with the GL ARST Cam/Anarch/Indep about lineage ties.
Quotes by Maximiliano Giovanni:
- "Sembra che i Brujah hanno abbandonato la città. E 'tempo per noi di raccoglierlo, perché non si rompe." (It seems the Brujah have dropped the city. It is time for us to pick it up, lest it break.) -July 31, 1967, in an address to the gathered Giovanni of Detroit after the remnants of the Camarilla court had fled the city
Quotes about Maximiliano Giovanni:
- "You see, Maximiliano Giovanni, the Winged Lion and Open Book of Detroit, is the sovereign ruler of his own entire metropolitan area; he has many dons and donnas under him, and as sovereign prince, he stands his own ground against the Camarilla and Sabbat like no one else in the Family outside of Venice. It's not that he calls himself principe, it's that we all call him that. Here in Detroit, we recognize power, not titles; titles just go to those with power." -Timothy Dunsirn, Doge of Detroit
- Maximiliano Giovanni planned for decades to oust the Camarilla from Detroit.
- Maximiliano Giovanni works directly for Augustus Giovanni in pursuit if his agenda.
- Maximiliano Giovanni relies on powerful ghosts to keep the other Giovanni of Detroit from opposing him.
- Maximiliano Giovanni is actually a puppet of lesser Giovanni--a figurehead to avoid reprise upon the true powers of Detroit.
- Maximiliano Giovanni captured Detroit as a means to a much larger end: the centuries-long occult research agenda of his sire Ambrogino Giovanni, childe of Lady Constancia.
This character is an NPC of the GL ARST Masq CAI. All OOC questions about this NPC and IC correspondence directed to the NPC should be directed to the GL ARST Masq CAI.