Sire: Izar San Martin
Notable Traits: Nicholas walks with a distinct limp.
Titles: Keeper of Elysium of Sonoma County, California
Member of: House Constantinian
Abiding: Confirmed, Established, Privileged
Fleeting: Honorable, Courteous, Acclaimed, Loyal (2)
Information Known by Kindred Society
Nicholas Loring was originally named Phillipe Nicholes De Orlean. A french nobleman during the illustrious reign of the Sun Prince; King Louis the XIV of France. A jaded lad of noble bearing. He was courted in the highest levels for his wealth. His father was an influential lord that had his boy trained in military matters. A training accident crippled him with a sword to the thigh that crippled him. He recovered after a long fever but through sheer will did not allow himself to be bedridden for the rest of his life. Though his new limp gave his rivals cause to ridicule him, his bitterness and natural wit turned his words into acid that quickly made him famous for his scathing remarks and devastating wit. He was married in the year that followed, to the sister of the man that crippled him no less, an event he is still proud about. While he was not close to his wife, they enjoyed each other and they produced a number of heirs for his demanding family.
His true calling though was court. He was a prize of the courts of France. And here he gained the interest of kindred. It was thought he would become Toreador but it was a Ventrue named Izar Saint Martin, a visiting dignitary from the Northern regions that laid claim to the young noble. Much to the chagrin of the dominant Toreador. The circumstances of his embrace are sketchy, but it is known Lady Izar did successfully gain permission to add to her lineage. She then swiftly stole her new childer away from his life and influence of France, taking him to Eastern Europe, across Sweden and eventually south toward Constantinople.
There he was trained in private. Away from prying eyes of kindred in the proper manner of his Agoge.
When he emerged in the early 1700's, he found his role as a professional politician. He wandered the Camarilla courts. Quietly at first but quickly established a reputation as a witty and wonderful conversationalist. His words captured attention and ever since, his clan has kept him quite busy. Moving him further and further west to establish Ventrue supremacy as far and as wide as it would travel. He has met with a great deal of success which has contributed greatly to his reputation as an effective organizer and leader.
Recently he had claimed Praxis in the Wine Country of the Sonoma, Napa, Lake and Mendicino counties. Or "Prince of Wine Country" for short. He has been inviting ancillae and elders far and wide to visit his praxis and its clear he intends to leave his mark on the national stage.
Though after a year of servitude to his praxis, he abdicated his crown to his broodmate, Felix Hidegaard and has been serving his domain dutifully in the office of Keeper of Elysium.
Jeannette Marie Loring
Quotes and Rumors
- "Oh, Nicholas. Proof that there are some things one simply cannot beat out of a kindred. Not for lack of trying." - Izar San Martin
- "I honor those willing to take the mantle of leadership. He seems to have an astute grasp of politics and an eye for nuance, though I sense a swirl of emotion just under the surface." - Viktor Cantemir
- "Ah the Prince of Sonoma, he was absolutely delightful! Sir Elliot had a very good feeling from him." - Charlotte Mikaelson
- "Proof of the results gained in a reasoned selection of childer, appropriate education, and the traditions of Kings." - Althea Bell-Hammon
- "Prince Loring is a very distinctive member of Clan Ventrue and his recent ascension to Praxis bodes very well for his house. I think what I enjoy most is that streak of whimsicality and passion that he has; that so many Ventrue seem to eschew. Where others would douse its flames, I would see him build upon them. " - Helena Martell
- "Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing. " - California Jack Thorne
- "I have never met a gentleman with a better sense of the perfect gift to give. Had I been dressed in pants that evening, it is quite possible he would have charmed them off of me. Not an easy thing, that." - Elizabeth Flannery
- "One of the most valuable traits in a student is the ability and willingness to listen. This is why Nicholas excels." - Adrienne Maxwell
- "Prince Loring is a breath of fresh air. Even at a gathering not of his own design, he is ferocious in his regal bearing. I am honored to have shaken his hand." - Mr. Chen
- "Prince Loring is the only Kindred able to command me to perform and I do not flinch or complain. I enjoy singing for His Majesty and look forward to do so again." - Gabriel Thorne
- "Why yes, of course I have his measurements. All of them." - Scarlett Thorne
- "I would say he is exactly what you would expect ...but I would be lying." - Roxie Ocho
- There was an... incident in Brussels that no one in the family is particularly keen on elaborating on.
- "Keeper Loring is one of those rare individuals sporting an almost-magical blend of capable, dependable, and personable. In a House, Line, and Clan of wealth and power, he stands out as an exceptional asset." - Master Harpy Forbes, Domain of Austin
- June has declared that Nicholas "Wins on Ties" in regards to his particular preference for excellent ties and unusual knots.
- "Nicholas Loring is a tabernacle beset by invading passions and hosted by priests of an unwavering will. The temple might be occasionally sacked by said passions, but the will rebuilds it higher and grander than before. This then is the essence of adamance: not to be unbeaten, but to be in truth unconquered. I rather respect that." - Arden
- "Nicholas was embraced with the best of intentions. How not? He had such promise. He is handsome, occasionally manages to be charming, and is certainly loyal to a fault. A little polish and he would have been perfect." - Izar San Martin
- "Nicholas is a darling man. Talented, polite, cunning. A true paragon. If he were a member of any other family, he would be its pride and joy. Alas, he had the good fortune to be embraced into a line of excellence, where such things are required rather than lauded." - Rafael Hernandez
- "Don't worry; I have a backup castle." -Loring decisively proving himself a well-prepared Keeper of Elysium indeed.
- "Nicholas is... no. No. There are some things entirely too delicious to discuss in public." - Benedict Verren
- "I only briefly met the man, but his reputation as a capable and well, let's face it, approachable member of that esteemed House is well-earned." - Benedict Crane
- "Caution is necessary when speaking to Elder Loring. If for one second you think your emotions have been swayed, they have."
- "Elder Nicholas is a formidable and charming man, indeed. If he has made any other impression upon you, it is surely by design." -Petra Palailogina
- "Since my first day joining the tower, he's seemed super interested in my well-being. I'm still not certain whether I should be flattered, reassured, or nervous." -Melody "Mells" Nichols
- "Very respectable. I can tell he has a keen eye for beauty. Takes one to know one. Of course.. he might be too quick to trust a pretty face." -Lex Reyes
- "You know what Nicholas reminds me of? The court of Louis XIV. Because in the Sun King's palace, you had a simple question to ask of every person you met; is this a prancing, pompous shithead? Or are they someone subtly deadly who's just blending in with the crowd?" - Benedict Verren
- "Elder Loring took the time to talk to me when most others don't. On top of that, he was polite, courteous, and quite pleasant to be around. That is not something I will ever forget." - Valerie
This Wiki is a work in progress and until this section is removed is considered OOC Information
Coding provided by Randi H.