Known to the Camarilla (IC Info)
Name: Penny Dreadful
Status Acknowledged, Elder.
*Loyal by Harpy Lucien of Kent
*Acclaimed by William Wells Senechal of Kent.
*Loyal Luca Bianci Archon to Her Grace, Shar-Sin
*Loyal Myrmidon Bowesley
Location Tri-cities, WA, USA
Notable Traits: Likes to travel. Has a casual personality unless disrespected.
Title or Positon: Elder.
Penny is 5ft 2" in stockings. When she is being nice and friendly she is usually seen dressed in a Burqua. Occasionally she can be seen in a black felt hat and scarf if dressing more in a 'western' style. Most people prefer to see her friendly face or not at all. If found just relaxing around she may be seen in her natural Clan state which shows swollen weeping black boils and open red sores of the Black Plague. Her eyes in natural form look clouded over from death or blindness.
Also seems to yo-yo between being Primogen or not, in Yorkshire history. Once former and very briefly Prince of Yorkshire, England. These nights she attempts to avoid recognition and titles more than ever.
Sometimes seen with...
- Penny Dreadful and Ardante Saint-Martin are in a blazing and passionate relationship
- "I am sure if the Archon required a snack she wouldn't need to take off another's plate"
- "I do not have the words to properly describe my Dorchadas, mother, mentor, and ever watchful guardian of female virtue. I can think of no other Nosferatu universally respected and beloved, but do not let her good nature fool you into thinking she won't slap the shit out of you when you deserve it." - Serratus
- "She certainly takes an interesting approach to hiding her clan's disadvantage. It is refreshing to see an Elder who travels so easily." - Margareta Sasul
- "Beauty is power, sure; but beauty is not about the body alone. It's in the intangible moments of a conversation, the elegance of a smile, the whip-crack intelligence of a sudden phrase. Beauty is power, and power is beauty - and Penny possesses both indeed." - Marshall Cartwright Milliner III
- "It is not often that one gets to meet a Nosferatu of such power and seemingly grace. I am glad that I'm on her good side and I hope to remain there." - Duke Sterling
- "I finally got to meet the infamous Penny Dreadful and it was completely worth it. If only more of my elders were so considerate before they spoke..." - Nenette
- "Penny Dreadful? I first met her when when I was working on tunnels in Russia, and she came to us study under Ammarah. She was a neonate then, eager to learn the craft of warren-making. Now she is a elder and a master in her own right, and passes her wisdom onto others. And we are all stronger for it." - Marus
- "It pleases me to know that she is doing so well in these modern nights. It was only a matter of time before I crossed paths with her again, as we both share a fondness for travel... and other things. Indeed, we have a lot more in common than just our manner of dress." - Ammarah
- "I remember a moonless evening when I sat with my mother on the edge of the Black Sea, and she sang to me of a being out of time who would come and bring fish when the lines were slack and our bellies were empty. The tale was meant to soothe me to sleep, but from such peaceful lullabies came the most unsuspecting of nightmares." - Mazhar
- "Within the brood of Powell, she is our reminder that there still remains some humanity beneath the monster. Due to all we do from necessity, this reminder is required from time to time." - Malcolm Lancaster
- "Ms. Dreadful is so brilliant! You should see her creativity. A wonderful host that I can't wait to go back and visit!" -Susanna
- "Something about Penny always throws me into happy remembrances of young days. Perhaps it is the smell of flowers." - Claire
- "We all belong - whether we realize it or not. Nosferatu might not mesh well if interests are disparate. But in the greater whole, we walk along those we can learn from, or perhaps, who can learn from ourselves. Penny knows the value in these lessons, and presents a bright tutelage of any young Nosferatu. Approach her teachings with an open mind, and they will guide you well, in even the most subtle of ways. So. Pay. Attention." - Swagger
- "What can I say about Penny Dreadful that has not been said before? The grace of a Saint, the heart of a Lover and the aspect of the Philosopher. She is my rock. I wander through the darkness, yet she holds my hand and it makes everything that little bit brighter." - Ardante Saint-Martin
- "I was always told 'Be wary of the smiling monster.' Could it be Penny Dreadful wears the veil to hide that smile?" - Jared Goodman
- "Her skill in warrens, her knowledge of plants, and her heart for family are all points in which she is the teacher and I will ever be her faithful student." - Danielle Ropchan
- "If it smells like a Powell, walks like a Powell, and talks like a Powell, it must be a Powell; the jury is still out. I'll keep watching, examining, listening..." - Aedan Marshal
- "Taka finds her scary. That makes her a fantastic Nosferatu. He has much to learn." - Taka
- "If she called, I would listen. She has earned that." - Tony D
OOC Character Information
|Storyteller:||'Bobda' Jacob Kestner|
- The Antediluvian Absimilliard
... I love to make character links where possible even if it's only we saw each other somewhere.
- 1640: Acknowledged in London, England by Mithras
- 1640-1652: travelling around England
- 1652-1665: America
- 1665-1667: Ireland
- 1666: back in London briefly at the time of the Great Fire.
- 1667-1700: Russia
- 1700-1720: Travels Europe and eventually ends up in London, England again.
- 1720-1732: London, England
- 1755-1757: Germany
- 1757-1798 St. Petersburg/Leningrad, Russia.
- 1801-1805: Munich, Germany
- 1806-1815: Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1815-1832: London area, England
- 1844: Edinburgh, Scotland, seen in Yorkshire passing through.
- 1850: London, England
- 1855-1866, spends time to and from England & America.
- 1867-1881 Traveling around America.
- 1881-82: London Conclave, England. Private business looking for funds to invest in her projects.
- 1883-1885: NYC USA.
- 1886-1894: Karlsruhe & Bonn, Germany
- 1895: February. Avignon, France
- 1895: March. Near London, England.
- 1895-1897: April onwards. Munich, Germany
- 1898: New York City, America
- 1899-1939: London area, England
- 1911: Chicago for a few years, before and after WW1.
- 1935: Cincinnati, USA
- 1940-2017: Yorkshire, England
- 1959: Vienna Conclave, Austria. Campaigning against the sanctions against the Nosferatu & Gangrel
- 1964: Seen in a few places across America relaxing in music bars.
- 1990's: Visiting Puerto Rico, America on occasion.
- 2010: Briefly in Seattle, America.
- Present time resides in Tri-cities.
Clan Meeting March 1895
- Location: Egham, Near London, England.
- Purpose of meeting: 'Mortal inventions and their impact on Kindred Society'
The meeting was called to be held at the Royal Holloway College (For Women), 19 miles from London City Centre. https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/home.aspx Available for any Nosferatu (any gender) to attend. The meeting was held in the Chapel (holy ground considered as Elysium), library & basements of the Founders building that was opened by Queen Victoria in 1886 (9 years earlier than the meeting). There were only 88 female student residents at that time and male workers were kept out of sight where possible. For those that wished haven on site during the meeting, there were tunnels leading from the Founders building to the Boilerhouse where Nosferatu could spend the daylight hours if they wished.
http://wiki.mindseyesociety.org/index.php/Historical_Nosferatu_Clan_meetings#March_1895 For a list of others that attended. This is an ongoing link for historical ties.
Most recently heard to say she can be contacted at the Huddersfield Court in Yorkshire England.
Penny has mostly been seen around Germany, England or Russia and occasionally America since the mid 1600's. She hardly speaks about her mortal days or family from before her embrace. She has been known to say her interests are Scientific and her hobbies are listening to the musical Radio.
In 1895 she hosted a private clan Nosferatu meeting near London. (See time line if you are Nosfertu and wish to have attended).
OOC Player Information
Player: Josie Richardson
WTG Number: UK9702-0312
Location: Yorkshire, England
ooc photos of Penny in costume.
All information on this wiki is considered IC unless you've learned it in game, or it is explicitly specified that the information is IC.
This wiki does not exist IC in this format, and is merely a collection of information about the character as a permanent record, and for OOC entertainment. All events are for pretend purpose and part of a game and not to be considered real life