||This character is dead. Any further communication should be with the VST.
“Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”
― Sarah Williams, Twilight Hours: A Legacy of Verse
“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” - R.W. Emerson
Birth Name: Rain-of-Stars
Christian/Legal Name: Raina Star Thomas
Current Name: Raina Thomas-Von Daun
House: Haus Von Daun
Fleeting: Courteous, Loyal, Favored, Praised
Notable Traits: Personal Masquerade, Humanity 5
- July 27, 1985 - Born on the Fort Apache Reservation in the White Mountains
- 1988 - Started Painting
- May 2003 - Graduates High School
- January 2007 - Embraced, Age 22
- January 2008 - Meets Viveka Josephina Von Daun
- April 2008 - Accepted into the Flagstaff House of Dawn
- 2010 - Relocates to Phoenix
- Late 2010 - Opens her Studio: A Twist of Unique (OOC: All Artwork is property of ©Bailey Art Studio and available through purchase on the etsy site and used with permission of the artist.)
- June 2013 - Attends her first Non-Local Kindred Gathering
- August 18, 2013 - Artistic Debut in Washington D.C.
- September 2013 - Societal Debut in Los Angeles, CA.
“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Common Knowledge: A quiet Rose, but talented. Her mastery with what she calls Acrylicrete or watercolors is astounding in so young a kindred. Her popular art is sold worldwide, and she owns and runs a small Gallery in Scottsdale, Arizona. Raina is a shy young Native American girl with a sweet smile and a refreshingly optimistic outlook on her Unlife.
Critiques and Reviews
- "When I was a child I helped a man birth a calf into the world. Watching it take its first steps in a new existence was captivating. The intensity of its curiosity inspired joy. Is there anything as miraculous as the observation of creation given form? Hmm... oh yes, it was quite delicious as well, simply marvelous." - An observation from Phillip Avery Redgrave
- "Ah, the littlest Von Daun. I know her blood. And blood tells. She will not remain little." - Viveka Josephina Von Daun
- "Raina is a good girl...one night, she will be great." - Orenna
- "An interesting girl. I am puzzled why she is kept so ignorant of the world. Blindness may seem to be kind, but even if truth is a painful thing to face, it is important to set aside lies and deceptions and see the world as it is. I hope she is able to eventually find her sight." -Lazuli
- "She learns well, she listens well, she means well, and she sees more than enough." - Althea Bell-Hammon
- "While never having met the childe, I am altogether unburdened by worry or apprehension. Raina's blood stems from my own, and can trace its way back to Greek antiquity. In time she will scrape away the naivete, and truly bloom." - Einhardt Wagner
- "Sweet girl. I shall enjoy getting to know her better." - Izar San Martin
- Many look to her and remark, 'How strange or naïve she is.’ To them I say, I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect - they are, after all, much more interesting. - Anna Russell
- "It is a marvel the way you can see the world reflected through her eyes. It speaks volumes that I see nothing but fear and disgust when I gaze into them. I am vaguely disquieted each time with the realization that I have forgotten how to care." - Alistair FitzWilliam von Daun
- "Raina is a brilliant and talented woman, at a young age I find that rare. She shows emotion to even the littlest thing, and if she gets to know you, then you will be open to a world you never would have expected. I do not know what it was that allowed us to meet, be it fate or simple luck, but I know I am glad that I did." - Virgil Maxwell
- "I cannot resist a young artist, and I can sense the determination and creative spirit in this one in her quiet words. Raina will be something great, just you wait. A being bound up by this Kindred condition who can still speak of their passions with such soft fervor and eyes so bright cannot fail." - Ligeia Loxley
- "The youngest von Daun is very spirited. As much as I try, I can't seem to find much fault in her. I reluctantly approve." - Adrienne Maxwell
- "It is in these nights she will forge the memories that will keep her at guard, when the beast attempts to hollow her out." - Equinox
- "Is your line more like James Bond, or Pussy Galore?" - Toby Dior
- "She is growing inch by inch from a bud into a bloom. I am determined that the blossom will be white, not red." - Clémence deMontes
- "Things in Phoenix are getting a little tense, so keeping Elysium and the culture that comes with it is that much more important. So far, she's done a pretty good job of it. I'm waiting for some dope to breach it though, so I get to see the fangs come out. That'll give me her real measure..." - Xavier Diamond
"O have you seen that fancied Star,
Which in the East so gleamed and shone,
I followed far, and many paths,
My searching steps have known.
Yet now within the gathering gloam,
Though diligent I search the skies,
No fitful fateful sparkle shows,
No Star will meet my eyes."
- Raina's death-poem, Benedict
Scathing Lies and Bent Truths
- The girl was gifted with a well-bred Mustang from a Ventrue Prince.
- Said Prince is besotted by her, this is due to her liberal use of Presence.
- There is not a single Constantinian Prince who has not adored the young artist.
- Raina isn't actually a neonate, she's an elder Toreador with amnesia.
- She's the bait the more monstrous members of the house dangle out to see what fool gets sucked in.
- She's got a weakness for trashy romance novels
Player: Original Beth
I am always interested in ties! Shoot me an email!
This entire format was stolen from The Red Queen and mutilated by Princess Wicked Dixie