“Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances.”
- David Hume, 1739
Name: Richard Hamilton
Sire: Mayhaps he sleeps, mayhaps she be dead
Lineage: Unknown on one side of that coin, The other side shows his Childe: Sophia Blackwood
- Primogen to the Court of Price Stanley
Covenant:The Carthian Movement
Formerly a one time solicitor of the Invictus
Faction: Middle of the Road, Zen Carthianism
- "Proudly" hailing from the land of Scotland
- Lawyer of Reasonable Price
- Friend to many
What Society Knows
It is well established that Richard hails from Scotland where he both became a Solicitor and took every opportunity to leave that presented itself. Of his embrace, Richard says little, but he will freely admit that he views it as one of the single greatest things to ever happen to him. He served the First Estate with honour until something better came along, in this case the Carthian Movement provided the ideal opportunity to test the ideas and theories that he had been brewing and contemplating for decades.
He is older than he seems, an oft-repeated joke: "the Youth of the Movement keeps me supple and young."
Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
-Poor Richard's Almanack
STOUP: Allies found in other Covenants
UTMAIST DEID: The Final Dead
Every man, as the Stoics used to say, is first and principally recommended to his own care[.]
- A grotesquely fervent Agnostic.
- He is the one who would sic The General unruly Carthians in the days of yore.
- He has reformed political philosophers throughout history.
- Once sued Arkansas and won.
- He has suppressed more Carthian uprisings than any other Kindred.
- He writes the Oaths for the Invictus when they have a troubling deal to close.
The trouble with schools is they always try to teach the wrong lesson
Believe me, I've been kicked out of enough of them to know...
-Fiyero, Wicked (Musical)
- "So ... are you our leader now?" "I've no notion of the matter, but if that is the will o' the collective then I shall serve as best I can."
- Fidel, a new Carthian, and Richard
- "I'll show him how I can have my pudding if I don't have any meat. Wait, that came out wrong..."
- Oral Wright
- "Oh, it's easy to be fond of Mr. Hamilton. Keeping up with his aliases, that is the difficult part."
-An unassuming Carthian describing Richard.
- "I could listen to him talk for hours with that charming accent of his. However, as he charges the same rates as I do for time, our interactions are generally brief."
- Damien Mastersen
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
-Hedy (that's Hedley!) Lamarr
OOC Character Ties/Timeline
Richard was born in the middle part of the 1700's, and embraced in the latter half of the same century. Aside from certain things that have been written/spoken into Stone (Escaping Scotland as soon as he was out from under the Black Shroud, living in Virginia for a while, etc.) I am very flexible as to the History should anyone wish to have a Link.
Where has he crossed your path?
- Travelling Companions
- Philosophers for discourse, written or spoken
Timeline for connections
OOC Information Summary
Player: Jason Shick
MES #: US2006118919
Region: North Central
Back to the Top