Sabine Silver Swift-Rising Talon
Stands Defiant Against Cruelty
"What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Concept: Reluctant Noble
Legal Name: Sabine LaCoix
Deed Name: 'Silver Swift - Rising Talon'
Tribe: Silver Fang
Auspice: Ahroun (Full Moon)
House House of Unbreakable Hearth
Sept: Sept of Luna's Awakening', CA
Sept Position: Sept Alpha
Apparent Age: Early 30's
Place of Birth: Chicago, IL
Date of Birth: June 3rd, 1983
Hair: Brownish Red
Nationality: Melting pot of European and American.
Pure Breed 5
Homid Form: Physically she looks in her early 30's, and while she has all the regal bearing and physical markers breeding can give, she is… smaller than most. She stands at maybe 5’3 and unlike most of her auspice, she isn’t a big hulking mass. She looks fast as quicksilver however. Typically she’s dressed simply in a white shirt and jeans, with black boots and a well loved leather jacket. On occasion she will wear a corset if she is dealing with Tribal Matters. Her hair is kept out of her face in a braid, and there is a shock of white at her front hairline, from a scar. On her wrist is a bracelet with a moonstone, that in the umbra shines with the light of a lune.
Crinos Form: Sabine is lean and lissome; her warform is sleek although still imposing. With the absolute authority in the way she carries herself, it’s hard to mistake her for anything other than an Alpha, a Leader. It is ingrained in her bearing and her breeding and anyone that looks upon her can see it. Her fur is like molten silver with pure snow white underfur. High on her belly on the right side, there is a criss cross knot of scars that run from front and on her back, that her fur barely covers (impaled).
Lupus Form: Her lupus form is diminutive and fast. Her gait when she runs is light, her paws barely touching the ground as she goes. Her gaze is piercing, cold and firm.
- Streak of white at her hair line from a claw rake - Superficial
- A nasty impalement Scar on her upper right torso. - Superficial
- A huge Electricity scar on her shoulder from a corrupted Electrical Elemental - Minor
Sabine in the Nation
Sabine “Silver Swift” La Coix is the iconic picture of the Silver Fang Heroes of yore. Her breeding is exemplary and anyone can just see that she is destined for great things and the responsibility of the Nation could easily fall upon her shoulders. She is the daughter of King Cyrus of Unbreakable Hearth after all (Merit: Notable Heritage).
That being said, her mannerisms and actions don’t really seem to portray all of the stereotypical Silver Fang behavior of arrogance and entitlement, and certainly not that of “royalty”. Sabine is quiet, curt, and maybe even a bit cold. Although as of recently, she seems to be warming up a bit. Her old bemused smile can actually been seen once I awhile, even if it doesn't last long. She’s not demanding in the traditional ways most Silver Fangs are. She doesn’t believe she is owed anything, and is firm in the thought that you work for what you get. She despises the pomp and circumstance of high court and typically believes that any garou that claims their right by birth and not by deed, is a danger to themselves and their pack. She has seen her fair share of twisted hubris and honeyed words manipulate others in her Father's court, so she is very cautious and leery of Tribal politics.
She seems to get along well with most tribes, however often seems favors the more aggressive of the tribes, by sheer nature of being an Ahroun. She doesn’t espouse the usual disdain for those “beneath” her, and gives a healthy respect to the Lupus born. She holds her tongue and says very, very little about Metis, preferring to keep her thoughts to herself on that subject. She fully acknowledges her role with spirits is very lacking, and makes no excuses for it. Is not a Theurge or even Philodox by any means. She does however have very, VERY strong ties to Wyvern.
Any Caern she approaches she treats with great respect and each Caern spirit with reverence, offering chiminage when she arrives, and the offer of her assistance to the Alpha. She tolerates the typical barbs and quips against her tribe with quiet restraint and doesn’t even bother to respond to the old “Silver fang’s are crazy” chiding. However she absolutely does not tolerate open and blatant disrespect.
As an Ahroun she is vastly aware of the danger of losing your rage and keeps it in check and in control at all times. As a combatant she is swift and through and terrifyingly ferocious. She follows her claw strikes through with precision does not relent when the deed must be done. When she has a blade in her hand though, her movements are that of a dancer and the blade is a partner; an extension of herself.
Sabine could recite the story of her Grand Klaive in her sleep if she wanted. In times of great strife, or during the few hours before a battle, the air calm but pregnant with tension, she would recite her stories of it’s deeds and glorious times past in preparation for her own fight. She would close her eyes and feel the thrum of mystical power, of the cold roiling rage that billowed beneath the surface of the blade. She would listen to the call of Wyldmaw, the Wyvern that resides within the weapon. She knows the feel and touch of every inch of that weapon. The soft supple leather that binds the handle and has grooved to fit the clutch of her hand. Each mark, each rut, even the cruel kiss of the blade itself. The heft and weight of Wyldmaw has become an extension of her arm, of her very body. She knows how to dance and move with it. How to flick her wrist and leave a vicious gash, or to thrust with all her might and rend her foes to pieces. Hers is a vicious Grand Klaive, its bite deep and unforgiving. It took her years to learn how to move and fight with it, and she knows it will take years more (years she might not even have left) to master it. But she continues to do such, because Wyldmaw demands it.
Deeds & Songs
- You know, there are parts of the country where people believe Silver Swift is a dude...
- She's still single because she only takes dating advice from Lupus.
- Some certain members of her Sept affectionately call her Moon-Moon.
Words from others in the Nation
- "Ah, Silver-Swift. Formidable, abrasive, and holier-than-thou as only her noble Tribe could possibly produce. It's easy to despise her, and yet... it's strange, but I think I'll miss her when she dies." - Laughs Last
- "Silver-Swift is competent, talented, and decisive. Her history weighs heavy on her shoulders though, and her being a Fang isn't doing her any favors in my book. Still, she's one of the few members of her Tribe I find myself respecting." - Michael "Wars-on-all-Fronts" Anders
- "I really don't think most people actually *understand* Sabine, but then, they likely have trouble putting themselves in her shoes. I barely understand what's happened to her, but I trust her all the same. Cast aspersions at her if you like, but I know that her heart is pure and that even when she doesn't particularly care for you, she would lay her life on the line for you. If that doesn't mean anything to you...consider the quality of your character, rather than hers." - Etienne Swanson
- "There is a difference between those who would rule and those who would lead. She is an exemplary member of the House which prefers to lead instead of grasping at power for its own sake. -Reborn in Fire
- "She is new to her powers but her mantle is worn heavily and without joy. This is the mark of a leader that feels the weight of leadership. The failing too common in her tribe is that too many lead with their human-mind and not with their wolf-heart. We will see if she can remember that she is both more and less than a wolf in her path to lead us into this war." Steel Vice Bite
- "Sabine's changed. I like the new Sabine, she's easier to talk to - in fact, she reminds me a lot of Fox." - Shiloh Black-Fox
- "I entered her life, and dreamed of both her rise and her fall. I tried to warn her, but she has always been so very brave, and who is to say that aught I could say to her would have stopped anything? I knew that she would need me, and I came for her when the darkness tried to take her. It has staked its claim, but I refute it still, with kindness, compassion, and unyielding commitment to love. If I have enriched her life in any way, it is because I have shown her that our differences are as nothing, for we are all one Nation. I would not abandon her, just as she would not abandon any of us - just so do I prove that high or low, we are One Tribe." - Wisdom of Babel
- "It has been my pleasure to know Silver-Swift-Rhya for almost half my life, and my regret to see her only rarely. When the Unbreakable Hearth stands against the Wyrm on the Plain of the Apocalypse, I will look with hope to see her at her father's side; if not, then I will look to see the crown upon her head as a sign that victory is yet possible." - Tiercel Twice-Sworn
- "I'm not entirely certain how we became friends. I don't speak with many Silver Fangs, after all, and the ones I admire most tend to end up dead rather quickly. And yet, Sabine-rhya lives on, and I admire her most of all. I am not entirely certain how we became friends. What I do know is that she'd die for me, and I for her. So I guess we're friends." — James "Reach For The Sky" MacNamara
- "I work at avoiding assumptions based on race, tribe, or gender. I like to treat every garou and individual on their own merits. That said, I'm aware of the historical legacy of the Silver Fangs and while I can't say they all live up to their songs, Sabine is someone who makes me think that maybe there is something to them other than self-aggrandizement and propaganda. She is has the stuff of heroes, and I hope that she lives long enough to be a legend in her own right." - Jacob "Takes-the-High-Ground" Whitewater
- "Strong, decisive and fierce, even for a homid. She is what Silver Fangs should be." - Moon Watcher
- "Ask her about teaching the lupus about fetishes. It was priceless..." - Broken Halo
- "I don't really know why she continues to allow me to live here, given the problems that always seem to come up with me. But for that kindness, I am grateful, and for her friendship, even more so." - Nadya Nighthawk
- "Where once I saw pride, I now see determination. Where before I heard arrogance, I now hear a passion for duty. Where I thought was stubborn blindness, I now know there is courage to rival any legend. She has done what few others ever have; she proved my first impression wrong. And for what I now know Sabine to be, I will sing, I will fight, I will kill... and I might one day die." - Laughs Last
- "I will follow my Sept Alpha into war, and into hell. She's a shining example of her tribe...and we were almost friends." - Sings the Forgotten
- "When I first reached out she ignored me. The second time a call came I showed, and made her see me. With effort she gave me her thanks. Hearts and minds, one garou at a time." - Boots
- "My Sept Alpha gave me a place in the sept, and didn't judge me on tribe, breed, or anything. She's fair to her people and looks to them first. Of course I'm gonna follow her." - Swift Talon
- "So no shit, there I was, at the coronation for the Queen. I got to present her with the spear I had crafted, Starfall. I think she liked it. More importantly, I got to see what kind of Garou she was. She was regal, impressive - but did not lord it over anyone, or make them feel less than her. That's pretty damned impressive, considering the pomp and circumstance feel of the event. She's a Queen I'd follow." - Redcap Ruckus
- "She's a pretty cool lady and she's got a sense of humor, might need to loosen up a little and just dance, but I won't hold that against her." - Alvarez
- "She is one of the only of her Tribe that I have met that do not believe their blood alone makes them rulers. She did not ask for proud Garou to kneel. That speaks volumes." - Stone Gaze
- "We all walk different paths, some rise, some fall. Sabine represents the best of what the First Tribe should be. She understands that which eludes so many others...that she doesn't understand everything. She desires to learn, desires to bring peace where only war and hatred have existed...if that were all there was, it would be enough. However, it is more than that. We have fought, trained, and spoken at length. In all things there is a familiarity, we understand without speaking, we see without opening our eyes, we feel without touch. Her presence quells the protests and screams of my ancestors, she brings peace to my mind. In whatever life I had before this one, there is no question that Sabine was an important part of it. The Elder Queen who has risen where so many others have fallen has earned more than my respect. She has found friendship and trust...a rare thing in our world." - Walks the Storm
- "Queen Sabine alone among the reigning monarchs answered the call of my people when I demanded the First Tribe answer the oaths swore between our peoples. In freezing temperatures, amid deprivation and further hardship, she stood defiantly at our side. Her loyalty to our people's needs never wavered as we got bled. Both her klaive and her followers were one of the three prongs which allowed us to reclaim what we sought. It was that weapon which allowed us to bring justice to the martyrs of Tara. Sure we probably see eye to eye on little in peace and I have made it no secret that I will never bend knee to the half spawn. But I reckon no one should doubt for a moment that Sabine has my klaive in war against our enemies both within and without." - Declan Brennan, Son-of-Liberty
- "Sabine... my good friend. In this bag is something. The only real cost of this item is that you cannot ask me any questions about it. The reason why I give you this to you is I trust you... it is the only reason why I give this to you. So remember the price... and best of wishes" Steals_malfeas's_heart
- "The Lady and I know each other passingly, and most of it because of who we know that also know both of us. When the time comes to make a choice, and mark my words, it will come. I will proudly raise my voice to her." - Megan
- “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” ― Robert Louis Stevenson
- “I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.” ― Lao Tzu
- "Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.” ― Colin Powell
- "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ― G.K. Chesterton
- “I don't want to die without any scars.” ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ― Thomas Jefferson
- “You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” ― Jack London
- “The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.” ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
Under it and over it – Five Finger Death Punch
Warrior – Disturbed
Bleeding Out – Imagine Dragons
Shatter Me – Lindsey Sterling
Hate it when you see me cry – Halestorm
Far too young to die – Panic at the Disco
Wrong side of Heaven - Five Finger Death Punch
Don’t stop me now – Queen
Na Na Na – My Chemical Romance
The end of all things – Panic at the Disco
Walk – Pantera
What were you expecting – Halestorm
Razor Edge – Digital Daggers
Never Enough - Five Finger Death Punch
Mama said knock you out - Five Finger Death Punch
Misguided Ghosts – Paramore
The only exception – Paramore
Not strong enough – Apocalyptica
Cam Number: US2006027372
Home Domain: Sonoma, CA
Also player of: