Name: Savannah Elena Brown
Nicknames: Song Bird, Angel, The Fairy Godmother
Real Name: Lady Elena Anne Westerley
Age: Appears to be in her early 20's
Notable Traits: Striking Looks 4
Title or Position: None
Relevant Mechanics:Striking Looks 4, Spring Mantle 3
Mask: Savannah is a stunningly beautiful woman appearing to be in her early 20's. She has honey-blonde hair that falls to her waist in gentle waves, brandy-colored doe eyes, and pale skin marred by just the fainest dusting of freckles. She is thin and lithe, her slight hourglass figure, enhanced by the late Victorian-era clothing and corsets she tends to favor. She always wears her hair up and out of her face, often times with a hat matching her outfit of the day. She is never seen without an antique gold locket around her neck and a tattered journal that oftentimes stays tucked into her handbag. On her wrist is a simple gold chain, several small gold charms hanging from it. She speaks with a soft, cultured British accent. Savannah always has a smile on her face, and there is a gentle serenity that seems to emanate from her.
Mein: In her Mein, Savannah has pale skin with a golden sheen to it, her hair the color of spun gold. She taller and thinner, her curves more pronounced. Her beauty is nearly too much to behold, from the soft inviting smile to the light honey-colored eyes. Her features are delicate, as though she could be snapped in two at any moment. She moves with a delicate grace.
Mantle: The soft scent of crocus and iris surrounds her, along with the soft, warm breeze of early spring.
Keeper: The Child
IC and OOC writings for Savannah can be found Here
"There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;
And frogs in the pools singing at night,
And wild plum trees in tremulous white;
Robins will wear their feathery fire,
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;
And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.
Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,
if mankind perished utterly;
And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn
Would scarcely know that we were gone." ~ Sarah Teasdale
"Fairytales don't teach children that monsters exist, they already know that monsters exist. Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed." ~ Chesterton
- Coming Soon - 6 Children's Books
- The Odd Tales of Liza Jones - A Young Adult Fairy Tale about 16 year old Liza Jones.
Please do not use this information IC without just cause!
- 1905: Born Elena Anne Westerly, the youngest child and only daughter of 5 children to a wealthy British Aristocratic family.
- 1910: Savannah is sent to a prestigious boarding school, against her wishes.
- 1915: Savannah's eldest brother is killed during WWI, and the family is devastated at his loss.
- 1919: Decides that she will be a journalist someday and dedicates herself to writing, against the wishes of her father.
- 1922: Convinces her father to allow her to travel to Africa. She is given 6 months to travel, on the condition that she marry the man of his choosing when she returns. She agrees, and travels to Africa with two of her older brothers amidst her entourage. Four months into her travels, her fiancee meets her there, claiming he will be there to 'protect' her for the duration of her trip. During an excursion into the wilderness, Savannah sees a small child running towards a thicket of trees. She has been warned of the dangers by her guides, and she rushes after the child. She finds herself on the other side of the hedge and in the grasp of her Keeper.
- Time in Faerie: 4 years passed for her in Faerie, while 85 years passed in the real world. Savannah was kept in a gilded cage by her Keeper, The Little Prince. She was his Song Bird and his Story Teller. While in Faerie, she escaped her Keeper once before her final flight. She was promptly found by The Huntsman (Open for Ties here.) She convinced him to let her run free, and to flee Arcadia with her. They fled together, but were separated in the Chaos. He escaped, only to find Savannah had not been so fortunate. She was returned to her Keeper, and what happened to her then is something she will not discuss with anyone.
- Early 2009: After several more failed escape attempts, Savannah finds herself among the thorns of the hedge, bewildered and terrified as she runs from her Keeper. This time, he sent the Hunter after her. This time, she isn't alone, and she is rescued by a group of Lost who snag her and drag her out of the hedge. Savannah is relieved to see people who are attempting to help her...and horrified to find the world the way it is.
- 2010: Savannah does a tour on the RenFaire circuit, determined to make her own way in the world. She feels comfortable around the festivals. She reads and spins tales in the Children's Corner, and spends her evenings writing on an antique typewriter given to her by a friend.
- 2010: Savannah purchases her New Identity, trading a vial of her blood for the assurance that she would be safe in her new name.
- 2010: Savannah convinces a fellow Lost to tell her their story. She records it all in her journal, in the hopes that getting it off of their chest will make it a little easier to bear.
- 2010, Ohio: Savannah meets Perrin Gofannon for the first time. She sees him heading away to do something and she decides to follow him. In the process, she is attacked, and Perrin has to rescue her. Savannah heals him, and the two become fast friends.
- 2011: Savannah's first book is published. It is a fanciful story about a little boy and the faeries in his new home that befriend him. Savannah spends time traveling, promoting her new book and reading to children of all ages. She takes particular joy in meeting and befriending new Lost.
- 2012: Savannah's second book is published, a sequel to her first. She becomes well-known for her books throughout the country. Her excellent writing, coupled with her willingness to travel and meet her fans makes her seem accessible and helps her become well-liked.
- 2013: Savannah's third and fourth children's books are published. Rumors abound that she is moving to write for a slightly older crowd.
- December, 2013: Meets Maxine Edmundson in Tucson. Maxine fixes a music box for her, and has since fixed several antique typewriters for her. Savannah and Maxine have become close since then.
- 2014: Savannah's fifth children's book is published. Her first young adult romance novel is published. The novel is well received, as it is devoid of the sexual overtones found in most young adult novels.
Savannah is currently touring and promoting her young adult novel. This is the first in a series, and has been very well received. She can often be found traveling to cities all around the world, doing readings and book signings for her fans. She is always very polite about speaking with the local Lost when she visits a city, and many times she will stay long enough to meet the locals.
Savannah is a unique woman, who is liked by nearly everyone she meets. She is incredibly kind and sweet, naive to a fault. At times, people cannot help but wonder if it is a mask that she wears, but it seems that her kindness and charity are genuine. Savannah tends to always see the good in everyone she meets, and she always struggles to find the light at the end of the tunnel. Shy at first, once she knows you, she is quick to smile and laugh. She is ever polite, and fiercely dedicated to the people she cares for.
Savannah has a bad habit. She has a curious streak that runs a mile wide, and it tends to get her into trouble. She wants to experience everything, see everything, taste and feel and touch everything around her. Those who know her best know that she is entirely well-meaning, even if her curiosity sometimes causes trouble.
Savannah is odd for a Spring Courtier. As far as anyone can tell, she's never taken a lover, and although she is affectionate enough towards the people she cares for, she always seems to hold them at a slight distance. When asked, she will laugh it off, and say that it isn't proper for an unmarried young lady to behave any differently.
Yes, please! I am wide open to ties of any sorts!
- Savannah's older brothers, her former fiancee, or any other family members.
- People she knew while in Arcadia
- Those who helped her escape the hedge
- Those who helped her get back on her feet after returning
- Any Lost whose stories she might have recorded in her journal
- A Motley
I am especially looking for "bodyguards." Those people who go out of their way to help keep Savannah safe and innocent.
Player: April Douglas
MES Number: US2002034121
Location: Missoula, MT