- Known Aliases: None...currently
- Known Location: Austin, TX
Serafin is a bit of a social chameleon. He has spent so many years just quietly standing by not being noticed, that he slips effortlessly into doing so. However, when he steps forward to speak, he does so with authority and people seem to finally notice that he is a large, robust man of middle years with dark hair streaked heavily with grey. He wears glasses and typically dresses in modern, albeit stuffy attire - suits or blazers being most typical. However, when the situation calls for it, he has been known to wear something akin to a uniform of a dark wool coat, grey trousers, and high, shiny black boots.
Serafin has been something of a ghost. He has popped up for awhile here and there, sent out letters, reconnected with family, and then he just seemed to disappear for about 50 years. During those 50 year slots when people did encounter him, he was not brusque per se, but he did give them the quick brush-off with the non-committal response that he was working.
So when it was revealed in 2010 that he had spent the last almost 400 years as a deep-cover operative for the Thought Police, it made sense.
In late May 2015, following a contentious political period of turmoil and scandal, in a surprise move Serafin rose to Prince of Austin.
Courtesies of Prince Serafin
- Authority (Abiding) - as Prince of Austin.
- Commander (Abiding) - as Prince of Austin.
- Sovereign (Abiding) - as Prince of Austin.
(Please feel free to add rumors about Serafin by clicking the "edit" link on the right :)
- Serafin isn't one person; it's a code name. There's always been a Serafin.
- He knows where the bodies are buried...
- They say he spent almost a century with The Giovanni. If this is true, he'll say he was working. Actually, he needed a vacation.
- After the "Imperium" affair had concluded, Serafin's nickname from his four centuries spent undercover was leaked. In very high circles, they call him - The Kingmaker.
- It's no coincidence the lists are flooded with unrelated scandal each time Serafin kills someone in court
Quotes & Citations:
(Please feel free to add quotes about Serafin by clicking the "edit" link on the right :)
- Memory is a shadow that can court our desires or haunt our misgivings. - Serafin
- The man knew me in Atlanta, he explained to the prince what I was, who I was and where I was from. Makes me wonder why did he know... - Malachai
- We recently had the pleasure of meeting Elder Serafin, and find him to be an amicable gentlemen with a good head upon his shoulders. We look forward to seeing what he may bring to Austin, in the future.' - Elder Architect Tesla d'Murani
- When I met Elder Serafin, it was unfortunately a professional matter...for him. I of course came clear of this, and in the time he checked into EVERY aspect of my life, we struck up quite the friendship. While I would not EVER want to be investigated by this man again, I am happy of the end result. May his watchful eye always find you so spotless, or you may not be so lucky. - Papa Etienne Portier
- What can I say. Nothing really.. Crickets... Tumbleweed.. Maybe I'll have to actually talk to him . - Dagmuar
- Respectable. - Dexter Mara
- "I have never met the man." - Zaina
- "His dedication to whatever task he sets himself to is admirable." - Vigo Malastova
- "You never are what you seem. He taught me that." – June
- "I am not unwise to Serafin's ability to be exactly what everyone thinks they need. He and I are similar creatures in that we have a talent of playing both sides to the middle." - Angelo
- "An unusual gentleman to be sure but his company is quite pleasant. I would enjoy the chance to spend time with him again." - Speranza
- "Well, he certainly gets straight to the point and doesn't jerk anyone around." - Jupiter Lotis
- "Enjoyable Court. Perhaps we will see more Camarilla than Independants and Anarchs now.." - The_Broken
- "My motives have been questioned in seeking to guard this prince. I do not guard him expecting some form of payment, I guard him because I believe he will be the sort of prince who strengthens The Tower and the City of Austin." - Talia Molozanu
- "He is a curt Prince, but beyond capable, I look forward to serving the city as the Harpy of his court." - Marie Blackwell
- "Serafin, ever the opportunist, used my name and circumstances to elevate himself. I shall gladly honor the distinguished Elder as a Prince, but I shall remain watchful to see whether he shall hold to his promises of honor and tradition or continue the heresy and anarchy of his predecessor." - Benjamin Sharp
- "Prince Serafin is a man who knows what he wants, which is something that is becoming increasingly rare." - Carmina Giovanni
- "Well, what did you expect of an old lady from Brooklyn, a voice that sounded like rainbows and flowers? Kids, today." - Mabel Ruby
- "Is Prince of City. Has much clout. Prince fond of throne, but not obsessed. Sound mind, good Prince." -Stoneking
- "Here's a guy that never lets me forget the difference between a Prince and an Advocate: An Advocate has a duty to his people." - Flynn
- "I found myself meeting him on chance , then fighting for his domain out of purpose. A man of few words but when he does choose to speak volumes of knowledge can be found, truly a pleasure to serve under." Hannibal Pierce
- "Here is a Prince to whom I gladly bend my knee. Let my sword rise in honor of him, and fall at his command." - Hobbes
- "He's remarkably straightforward in private, with a keen understanding of the necessity of the 'public face'. I think we'll be amicable neighbors. " Magdalene Lys
- "Prince Serafin is professional and amenable. I look forward to future endeavors between us." - Costanza Rodriguez
- "Ah, yes, I had the pleasure of conversation with Prince Serafin. We mused over language and the importance of books. I hope to speak with him again on a less somber evening when we will have to time to get more in depth." - Darjius Anakletos
- "When first seeing Prince Serafin, it was evident of who he was: the presence, the demeanor, the authority of an Elder and a Prince. While I was saddened that a Austin's Prince was no longer Brujah, it's clear why Prince Serafin rose to that position. And it is my sincere hope he is able to continue to strengthen and unify the city against the enemies of the Camarilla." - Zack Snyder
- "Being what I am it is understandable that I have not had a private conversation with Elder Prince Serafin, but what words of his I have heard make sense and show his fervor for the traditions." - Tony D
- "I have very few rules, one of the top ones is 'Do Not Upset Elder Serafin' I am finding it very useful." - Nova
- "He knows an awful lot about me it seems, I'm more than happy to tell him whatever he wants. After all, I'm nothing if not cooperative with the authorities." - Auggie Giovanni
- "I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him personally, however he is very polite, has a wonderful sense of style and I have heard nothing but good things about how he runs Austin and for that, he has my respect." - Violet Lheigh Abernathy
- "Prince Serafin went out of his way to talk to me. Me! A Neonate! I felt so honored. I can hardly wait to become a part of his city." - Liberty
- "Prince Serafin has been good to my family, I will seek to make myself in these coming nights." - Lucas Ebonwood
- "It is not wise to bet against Senor Serafin - not only will he call your bluff, but he knew what cards you were dealt before you even picked them up. His demeanor, too, has changed. He is not as easy to read, except when he is VERY UPSET with someone. It is recommended at that point, that you take at least 15 steps away from them. You don't want to be in Serafin's way." - Juan_Carlos_DelGado
- "I'd like to say Serafin is an Angel, but to be an angel, one needs to have wings. I clipped those long ago, but who knows, one day, he might get them back." - Yelena Davydov
- "There is something to be said for the bravery of spitting in the face of the establishment. I don't believe what is to be said speaks best of the spitter." - Solomon
- "This concept of Imperial Praxis is ill-advised and-- for San Antonio-- will not succeed. That being said, Prince Serafin has certainly gone about a very bad idea in the most intelligent method possible." - Dr. Gabriel Tennyson
- "Oh, I'll defend him alright..." - Wohl
- "No one can deny he does everything to ensure order in his domain. I'll be watching to make sure he does so for our safety, and not merely as an exercise in control." - Claire
- "The denotation of Elder holds an understandable weight within the Tower. Then add to it he heralds from a pillar clan, even more density placed on his shoulders. And then he is the Prince of one of the largest domains in the South West. The gravity that is being held upright would break most men." - Cricket
- "He's got balls and plays a dangerous game with people who all think too highly of themselves. Seems like an interesting guy though.." - Enzo Putanesca
- "Huh... you'd think an Elder member of the Thought Police would have spotted a diablerist in his own court. What's that old saying about putting your own house in order?" - Melvin
- "Though his attempt to establish an Imperial Praxis upon San Antonio failed, I recognize his attempt to stabilize the region against the true enemies of the Tower. I believe that an Elder of his caliber will see the light in due time why I'm right." - Ivan Rook
- "One has to admire the tenacity of a man who looks upon a functional system and determines that he can make improvements." - Magdalene Lys
- "Scientists sent cats into space, you won't believe what happens next!" - ZeroFluxGiven
- "The one Prince I've met with a backbone worth mentioning. My kind of monster. We'll be on the opposite side of a war someday, but I'm not looking forward to it." - Jacques Dupree
- "While his methodology and execution left much to be desired, Prince Serafin's goal with this entire Imperium ordeal was clear and realized. He wishes to see a strengthened Camarilla by uniting a domain against a common foe. He did this by sacrificing his own political reputation to bring together the domains of San Antonio and Houston to unify behind a single leader." - Walter Rook
- "He is my Uncle Pez, dispenser of wisdom and giver of no fucks, except on important stuff. I check in with him now and then, but looks like I have been 'grounded' with responsibility. Well played, Uncle. Well played." - Fayina Makarov
- "Serafin? He's a kitten; unless you pose a threat to the city or society in general. Then, he is a tiger! I look greatly forward to working with him to better the city." - Jeannie
- "Sometimes I wonder if he's trying to start a war." -Harper Gray
- "He's a member of the Thought Police? Is that a band? It really should be. Yes darling, I take the Prince completely seriously. Serious boots deserve serious consideration. " -Jayne Joyce
- "Few understood how he thought, but I saw the end goal. Elder Serafin saw trees but also the forest. People forgot to look at the forest...I miss him." - Nova
- "He was good at what he did before the blood ever came into play. I still admire him. I still think of his story about the stars. But I will never miss him." - Kasserine Powell
Tools of the Trade:
Player: Gregory Bullard
Domain: Austin, TX
Note: I have shamelessly stolen this template from Rachel, who shamelessly stole it from Stacey M; Thank you Rachel & Stacey!
I am looking for ties!
OOC Timeline: