Song of Thunder
|Pack:||Scions of the Rising Storm|
|Sept:||Sept of the Unending Burden|
|Storyteller:||VST Storyteller Name|
Choices always were a problem for you
What you need is someone strong to guide you
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to guide you
If you want to get your soul to heaven, trust in me
Now don't you judge or question.
You are broken now, but faith can heal you
Just do everything I tell you to do.
- Tool, Opiate
Name: His birth name is Ioan Cristian Stavros, though when he was a teenager he changed his name to its English version - John Christian. His deed name is Song of Thunder, given unto him after his Rite of Passage.
Position:Sept Alpha of the Sept of the Unending Burden, Pack Alpha of the Scions of the Rising Storm
Renown:Glory 4, Wisdom 4, Honor 2
Heart of the Storm: The Tale of John Christian Stavros, Song of Thunder
Despite John being but forty years old, those who have met his steely gaze sometimes swear that he is far, far older than he lets on. His background isn't public knowledge, but what is known is that he has been a member of the Sept of the Unending Burden for as long as any Garou at that sept currently can remember. Most surmise that he is a native of Colorado Springs, and that he is of Eastern European descent, most like Romanian or Hungarian. He has made some oblique references to his family, and it could be implied that several of them still live in the area. He doesn't have an official day job, seemingly devoting all his time to the sept and to the Garou Nation.
What is known is that Song of Thunder was once called Crow's Proud Call in the days before his challenge for Fostern. His Rite of Passage wasn't a formal challenge, as it is for many Garou; instead, his initiation into the Garou Nation came as he joined the front ranks of the Ratkin War. The songs of his deeds during the war are many, and he is all too willing to share them with his fellow Garou if the mood is upon him. He is known to have been a follower of Crow, and a member of the Children of Crow camp of the Shadow Lords.
It is certain that at some point prior to 2010, Song of Thunder became beta to Fists of Silver, the Silver Fang alpha of the Sept of the Unending Burden. He served his alpha faithfully, even when Fists of Silver remained behind instead of going to Alaska to fight the Wyrm alongside the other elders in the nation. As Fists of Silver grew old and complacent, however, Song of Thunder became increasingly dissatisfied with how things on the sept were going. In early 2014, Fists of Silver disappeared - some say he left and placed the mantle of leadership on Song of Thunder's shoulders, while others say Song of Thunder murdered the elder Silver Fang in his sleep and seized the sept alpha position for himself.
Whispers of the Storm: Rumors and Quotes
- "I don't believe I've ever met a Shadowlord who I've been more certain of his good intentions, but you know what they say about good intentions." -Thorvald Grahn
- " Any doubts I had about him have long since vanished. He has shown he is not afraid to tread the dark places we must tread. His dharma is a dark one, but one that he has forged and embraced. He has earned my respect. " Jericho Windstorm
- "When Song of Thunder speaks, those with any wisdom are mute and attentive; even flowing water goes silent." Preceptor Cioroi
- "Okay, so... You didn't hear this from me, but I heard he has a secret room somewhere on the caern where he keeps all of the cool shiny things he's found on adventures. I've never found it, though, so I don't know if that crow was telling the truth..." - Stella
- "I used to think that Song of Thunder was a remorseless asshole who's hubris was so bloated that he could not see his own failures. I now know he's an asshole who pretends to be remorseless because his hubris is so bloated that he can't see that this lack of humility turns people against him. As his Beta however, we can work on that." - Thorvald Grahn
- "I have learned a great deal from Song of Thunder. I have met few Garou of his equal and any time he needs it, he will find my blade by his side. There is no finer example of what it means to be a child of Thunder." - Pyotr Havel
- "I find him laconic but good company. He listens and observes, which is more than I can say about many Garou" - Ebony Forakis
- "The dude has a voice that could steal chicks from Barry White, I just wish he'd use it more." - Alvarez
- "People who are loud are easy to ignore, this one is quiet even when speaking, you would be wise to listen." - Tyvar Thorvaldson - Jarl of North Central Region
- "When Grandfather Thunder sent Brother Stormcrow to lead me to where I was needed, all I was told was that when I met my Alpha I would know. Many came a tried to command me and I mocked their efforts and laughed as I ran from their rage. When I met Song-of-Thunder, all I could do was fall silent and bear my throat to him. I had found my new home." - Long Fang
- "My cousin is a good friend to have, and a powerful enemy to anger. If you find him lackadaisical, I will not disabuse you of that notion. Your failure to move against him effectively will do that job for me." -- Lara Radic, Tides of War
- "Galliards of the Shadow Lords teach with our stories; some of us teach soft, and some teach hard. Song of Thunder has weathered the latter kind of lessons, and now, he gives them." - Laughs Last
- "I remember well the first time I met Song-of-Thunder. I was a cliath then and still wet behind the ears in the ways of our People. He started to tell a tale at a moot, a tale I cannot quite remember, but what I do remember is his voice; it rolled like thunder across the plains. Never before had I met a fellow Garou who so embodied their tribal totem quite like he did...and still does." - Gunnar Schwarz
- "Song-of-Thunder is the epitome of what I expect in a Steward. He does his Ancestors proud. I can pay no higher compliment." - Howl of Thunder
Player: Mykle McGovern
MES Number: US2002023275
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Opiate - Tool
Judith - A Perfect Circle
Imagine - A Perfect Circle
Head Like a Hole - Nine Inch Nails
Something I Could Never Have - Nine Inch Nails
Wish - Nine Inch Nails
Blood and Fire - Type O Negative
Frozen - Type O Negative
Life is Killing Me - Type O Negative
Wolf Moon - Type O Negative
World Coming Down - Type O Negative